Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-17-2002, 08:56 PM   #1
MagiK

Should guns, hand guns, hunting rifles be made illegal for eveyrone but law enforcement?

Old 05-17-2002, 09:08 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Nope! This would be unfair to the 90% of gun owners that treat guns with the respect that they deserve. Unfortunately there is no way to stop the other 10% from using firearms irresponsibly.

Personally I don't own a gun and doubt whether I'll ever need to but if they were made illegal to the general public, the 90% would be without while the 10% would find ways to get the guns illegally
Old 05-17-2002, 09:20 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
i think it wouldn't be fair to shopowners who get mugged all the time
Old 05-17-2002, 09:24 PM   #4
MagiK

I didn't expect replies (this is my first ever poll) [img]smile.gif[/img] I hadnt even considered that possibility [img]smile.gif[/img] Im curious about the total vote..I hope everyone will vote the way their concience dictates, its not important to me who votes how, only the final result [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2002, 09:28 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

You bored, Magik? I notice you've started several 'controversial' threads lately. Just seems like you are looking to get rebuttals. This subject was done to death a while back, if I can find the thread it was on I'll post a link. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2002, 09:37 PM   #6
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
You bored, Magik? I notice you've started several 'controversial' threads lately. Just seems like you are looking to get rebuttals. This subject was done to death a while back, if I can find the thread it was on I'll post a link. [img]smile.gif[/img]
See my above comments..this was supposed to just be a poll for the numbers not a real discussion thread [img]smile.gif[/img] And well I am still working...into the 15th hour so yeah I am sort of looking for things to do [img]smile.gif[/img] But in this case it is something I was curious about...All I want is votes, I don't want to berate anyone for their stance or view.

Or conversely be berated for my views....thus I left the question for the poll very straight forward without trying to slant it in any way.

[ 05-17-2002, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-17-2002, 09:49 PM   #7
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Meh, doesnt matter, I dont think they shoulkd be illegal but even if they wear, people would just stab each other then.
Old 05-17-2002, 09:55 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, MagiK but some folk may not think it's a yes/no kind of question. [img]smile.gif[/img] So don't be surprised if they post more than a yes/no poll answer.

15th hour? eef! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] What do you do?!

[ 05-17-2002, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 05-17-2002, 09:58 PM   #9
MagiK

Quote:
Yes, MagiK but some folk may not think it's a yes/no kind of question. [img]smile.gif[/img] So don't be surprised if they post more than a yes/no poll answer.

System Administrator for an HMO. Im doing Conversions from Hewlett Packard UNIX servers to IBM AIX servers, its tedious and boring because a lot of the work gets done by the DBA's Most of my work was done several hours ago but Im needed in case they have to roll back to the HP box.

Old 05-17-2002, 10:05 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:

Post here?

Reality Show Recaps