Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-01-2001, 05:38 PM   #41
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
cloudy, it's been a while hasn't it? nice seeing you. aber eigentlich auch gar nicht means but on the other hand not... I was feeling *happy* but not well physically...

So you actually do know what you are saying when you are writing in German ...
( just joking, there is no mistaking that when reading your posts ).

Ich kann nur hoffen, daß der "not well physically" Aspekt etwas besser geworden ist.

Sebastian ist Compuerfreak, Musiker and Student der "Englischen Literatur" ? Eine interessante und seltene Kombination, denke ich. Welche Art der Musik macht er denn ?

Bis bald !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 04-01-2001, 05:42 PM   #42
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Melusine! Danke! Ok, I forget how to spell in German too...ack... I did ask the Chair of our department about German and guess what?! He thinks we may have at least one or two classes in Fall and I know the instructor! She used to be in the old Department I worked for when they merged German with us (Slavic) and I love the way she approached things...plus we are fairly well acquainted and I MAY be able to get tutoring....oh FRABJOUS DAY!

Wow, that Shakespeare answer, well BOTH of them, amazing! What a neat idea, that Quiz! KOURNIKOVA? Too funny!

I followed a fair bit of it in the German! Wooohoo! But can you or Ramon tell me what "..eigentlich auch gar nicht.." means?

And I still want to be able to type the right accents and that darned double es...

Cloudy

An "ß" for Cloudmopolitan !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 04-01-2001, 06:00 PM   #43
Melusine
Dracolisk

Ramon of course I know what I'm saying in German!

Na, auf jedem Fall, er spielt eine Art gothic rock, du kannst aber viel besser selbst mal hören wie es sich anhört.... guck doch mal auf www.daeonia.com und sagst du mir, was du findest? Sei bitte ehrlich

Wolkchen (Cloudy) : für die Akzenten und doppelte s kannst du einfach Alt + Numlock tasten benutzen: ß = Alt + 225, ä = Alt + 132, ö = Alt + 148 und ü = Alt + 129. Einfack, oder? Hoffe, du verstehst meine Auseinandersetzung, wennn nicht, sag's mir und ich werd' es übersetzen.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-03-2001, 02:10 AM   #44
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
An "ß" for Cloudmopolitan !
teehee...Spasibo...er, Danke... A new nick...that's definitely new!

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-03-2001, 02:20 AM   #45
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Ramon of course I know what I'm saying in German!

Na, auf jedem Fall, er spielt eine Art gothic rock, du kannst aber viel besser selbst mal hören wie es sich anhört.... guck doch mal auf www.daeonia.com und sagst du mir, was du findest? Sei bitte ehrlich

Wolkchen (Cloudy) : für die Akzenten und doppelte s kannst du einfach Alt + Numlock tasten benutzen: ß = Alt + 225, ä = Alt + 132, ö = Alt + 148 und ü = Alt + 129. Einfack, oder? Hoffe, du verstehst meine Auseinandersetzung, wennn nicht, sag's mir und ich werd' es übersetzen.

ß ä ö ü WHOOHOOO Das ist sehr gut! Uh should I admit to remembering so little vocabulary and even less grammar/spelling? The few phrases I remember...well odd to say the least! -- die aufdemdachsitzende Vögeln.... Ist Dein Kopfkissen reserviert? and something about a refrigerator and squirrel...but I won't even TRY to spell those out...sigh

LOL...er sorry, spelling and vocab not great, remember...be gentle with me as you tear me into itty bitty pieces! LOL

I still haven't found my books.

Thanks, Melusine!! I wil ask if I don't understand!

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-03-2001, 05:50 AM   #46
Melusine
Dracolisk

if you understood that last post of mine Cloudy then your German must be still quite good (or at least your passive knowledge of it). Did you, by the way, Oh Queen of the many Names, see that I have included a new nick in my post: Wolkchen? Meaning..... Cloudy?
BTW I do hope that you know the "other" meaning of vögeln......

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 04-03-2001).]
Old 04-04-2001, 12:39 PM   #47
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Gute nacht alles,

Ich muss (nach?ins?) bett gehen, es ist sehr spat hier.

Sorry for destroying the German language here, wanted to see how much Deutsch i'd forgotten, most of it. 3 years well spent then

Sorry, I had previously completely overlooked this post:

Sir Tainly, I do not know how much of your German you have forgotten, but the the little sample you supplied us with is perfectly correct and the optional part at least included the right answer: it is "ins" .

Also: kein "Mord" weit und breit !

So, just keep trying if you like to !

Btw, see above, Melusine kindly supplied the codes for the Umlaute.

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 04-04-2001, 12:55 PM   #48
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
if you understood that last post of mine Cloudy then your German must be still quite good (or at least your passive knowledge of it). Did you, by the way, Oh Queen of the many Names, see that I have included a new nick in my post: Wolkchen? Meaning..... Cloudy?
BTW I do hope that you know the "other" meaning of vögeln......

I knew Wolkchen was a diminutive and assumed a name...but duh...not the obvious one! LOL Uh...vögeln...er...no...do I want to know, oh Poll Goddess of the Board? BTW I just finally got my little butt over there and did several polls today!

Cloudy-Wolkchen

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-04-2001, 01:12 PM   #49
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I knew Wolkchen was a diminutive and assumed a name...but duh...not the obvious one! LOL Uh...vögeln...er...no...do I want to know, oh Poll Goddess of the Board? BTW I just finally got my little butt over there and did several polls today!

Cloudy-Wolkchen
Wölkchen,

I am glad to see that you are back at work and in true form and I hope that that really means you are feeling much better physically and emotionally today than yesterday.

Now make an educated guess: what could "vögeln" - in this meaning it is a verb - mean if two more or less grown-up people are tip-toeing around it, only hinting and grinning stupidly ?

Got it ?

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 04-04-2001).]
Old 04-04-2001, 10:59 PM   #50
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Wölkchen,

I am glad to see that you are back at work and in true form and I hope that that really means you are feeling much better physically and emotionally today than yesterday.

Now make an educated guess: what could "vögeln" - in this meaning it is a verb - mean if two more or less grown-up people are tip-toeing around it, only hinting and grinning stupidly ?

Got it ?

Back at work...still getting up to speed. Not really back to full throttle yet!

um...no...call me slow (I heard that!)...birds? a noun... used as a verb in German..hmmm.. LOL...I am supposing I need a here..hmmm? And of course that opens alot of possibilities. but uh...to be linquistically informed...not sure... Admittedly my Russian friends taught me some, er, 'colorful' expressions...but I never had any German friends do that.

CloudClueless

------------------

Storm-Queen

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 04-04-2001).]