Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-08-2001, 02:41 AM   #11
crymson77
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rohanna:
... I mean, the option to use a spell or scroll to identify is there, but it's dark, and you can't highlight or click on use spell to identify...
If you are trying to identify by scroll, you must make sure the scroll is not in a spell case. Keep your identify scrolls in a regular inventory slot. Then give the item to be identified to that same person. Now you can left click on the item and the option for scroll should no longer be dark. And if you happen to have an identify spell memorized then the option for spell should also be available... I don't think wearing armour matters in the first instance, but it does if you are casting. You can read any scroll while wearing armour. With that in mind, back to your problem of not being able to cast spells. If your not wearing armour, and you've correctly memorized your spells, and it still dosen't work, then I'd say reinstall it. I haven't heard of any related patches.

------------------
Kevryc

[This message has been edited by crymson77 (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-08-2001, 07:00 AM   #12
Rohanna
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't have any scrolls to identify, but Imoen has identify memorised, and it's her I've been trying to identify stuff with. And yeah, I give her the item and click on it in her inventory and it won't highlight or allow me to click on it at all. I'm downloading a patch now, and I'll re install it and see if that helps. Thanks so much for the help =)
Old 10-08-2001, 08:49 AM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, tells us what happens ayt?

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Old 10-08-2001, 08:52 AM   #14
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

sleep she has only one in her memerie

------------------
Platinum Wizard of ALSB
Wizard at The Court of Lady Lioness
Protector of All Whats good
Old 10-08-2001, 11:27 PM   #15
Rohanna
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I downloaded the patch, saved my save game files, installed the patch, re installed the game, and whammo, no problems Problem fixed and didn't have to start the game over either. Thanks SO much everyone though for your advice and help!
Old 10-08-2001, 11:57 PM   #16
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Glad you got it working. For future reference, most RPGs (especially those made by Black Isle/Interplay) are fairly bug-prone without applying at least one patch. So when in doubt, patch it first.
Old 10-09-2001, 01:20 AM   #17
crymson77
Manshoon

pretty niffty indeed. well done. where did you get that patch?
Old 10-09-2001, 01:37 AM   #18
crymson77
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
I forgot to tell you you need to resurrect Jaheira right away don't leave the area or se will be lost forever and if you are unable to resurrect her right away the only way you can get her back is to restart!

Not true. She could be dead and taking up a spot in your party, with her picture a nice gloomy gray, for weeks and you can still resurrect her at your leisure. That goes for every other NPC as well... However if she is destroyed, and her picture completley dissapears, then shes lost. When Jaheira dies on me I always wait a few days 'till I bring her back. That way I don't have to listen to her whine so much, but maybe thats just me....
Old 10-09-2001, 06:36 AM   #19
Rohanna
Elite Waterdeep Guard

crymson77, all I did was click to play the game then click on 'update' where all the options are like 'play' and whatever else, and if your online at the time it'll take you to their own website with the different patches for different countries Good to know I can wait to res Jahiera, she's all grey. How do they die for good though? Imoen died for good once...totally dissapeared on me, and I don't know what happened to make that so. As for whining, Imoen tops it for me. Sick already of her going on and on and on....
Old 10-09-2001, 06:50 AM   #20
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rohanna:
How do they die for good though? Imoen died for good once...totally dissapeared on me, and I don't know what happened to make that so.
I believe that if the damage from the killing blow would take the character's HP below -10 then they 'splatter' for want of a better word, and the portrait disappears. Or it could be just if a critical hit is the killing blow - wear a helmet to minimise this.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."