Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-05-2004, 08:23 AM   #1
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Hi there!

I'm currently playing a solo faerie bishop, which is going quite well. I'm at the Rift now, making my way to meet Ferro to get those precious level-5-spellbooks. Does anybody know if I have to be a templar to be able to speak to Ferro, i.e. will he attack me if I'm not? Thanks for any answer...

Cheers
Philipp
Old 01-05-2004, 08:34 AM   #2
DraconFighter
Dungeon Master

Ferro will sell to you even before you become a Templar.
Slight spoiler
He will fight on your side against fellow Rapax, so be sure to keep him alive.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:41 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, Ferro, like all merchants (except Sadok T'rang) is a green dot and friendly. Still, given that you have a solo character, you may want to become a Templar as quickly as possible. Some people have had patrols come through his shop at the wrong moment and Ferro ended up dead. Why take the chance?

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 02:10 PM   #4
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Do the common rapax become friendly after you become a templar? My other party became templars, but they still do fight those, but I can't remember if I was friendly with them once... I'll think about that, right [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thank & Cheers
Philipp
Old 01-05-2004, 03:04 PM   #5
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrates:
Do the common rapax become friendly after you become a templar?
Yes

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 03:36 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, as soon as you become initiated as a Templar, all Rapax turn green and leave you alone. The only way they could become hostile again is when you rescue the prisoners at the away camp, or you deliberately attack them. That's why every game I try to get up to the balcony as quickly as possible.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 03:57 PM   #7
dplax
Jack Burton

I actually found it with a party close to level 18 that being hostile with the Rapax gives you tons of XP and items and you only have to be careful about Ferro getting killed.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 04:26 PM   #8
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

dplax, yes, that's what I'm gonna do after all. But for now, I'll become templar and be a friend with all rapax, until I go rescue the prisoners, which is quite some time from now, because I'm on solo and can find lots of challenging encounters at many places, but just one Ferro, and I have to walk to him from the entrance of the rift...

Cheers
Philipp