Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2002, 08:09 AM   #1
edoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Good Morning:
There is a specific weapon that I saw for iron golems, but I can't remember what it was, an axe, I think. Does anyone recall the weapon? Thanks.

Loki
edoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 09:01 AM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

The only weapon that specifically mentions iron golems is Conlan's Hammer. Any +3 weapon can damage iron golems, though, so you should have a wide variety of weapons from which to choose. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 11:36 AM   #3
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Spoiler
you can find Conlan's hammer at the blaksmith in Kuldahar in a chest.Make sure Conlan does'nt see k?

[ 06-12-2002, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 12:26 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spoiler:

Actually if you rescue COnlan's son, he will GIVE you the key to chest and the hammer is yours as a reward! Since you don't need until the end game, there is no point stealing it early on. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 12:36 PM   #5
SomeGuy
Unicorn

How do you resue conlan's son?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 01:48 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

You'll have to find him, first. After that, rescuing him is really straightforward.

No spoilers, here. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 06:37 PM   #7
Heat Miser
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yo- i'm thinking anything that bashes or pierces might be good against these metal beings. edged weapons probably aren't as effective. and there are other things you can rule out, too. stuff like poison, mind control spells, gas spells, etc.

i'd think cold is more effective than heat (not easy for me to say personally), possibly electricity is good, and the strike and move principal seems to be a decent tactic. plus-- if you back against a wall, they can't surround you and you use the wall in your defense.... but-- you can't get away as easily either.... hmmm...

if you can "Web" them in place, it's like a shooting gallery.

- H/M -
Heat Miser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 05:41 PM   #8
Spanner_razor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually there is another weapon that damages Golems it's called Debian's Rod of Smiting:

It's 1d8+3
thaco+3
Additional 4-11 damage to Golems.And a 5% chance to kill Golems.
It also has a 5% chance to do an additional 8-25 damage to outer planar creatures on a succesful hit.
Its weight is 2 and speed is 2.
And it is only unusable by Mages.
Spanner_razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 06:22 PM   #9
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Debian's Rod is indeed VERY effective against golems. It's available in the HOW expansion.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 02:10 AM   #10
Heat Miser
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah..... if only i could find H'o'W around this podunk village i live in... the local Gamestop mall store didn't have it... the CompUSA in the neighboring quasi-metropolis didn't have it.... i found several on Ebay, but i seem to lose many more auctions than the handful i've won....

-H/M-
Heat Miser is offline   Reply With Quote