Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-01-2004, 12:15 AM   #1
Robalex
Dungeon Master

If as the docs say "Blood Bath" takes 1/2 the Hp from the caster with every explosion & inevitably causes the caster to die because of the numerous gory explosions why would anyone except a Purist who likes to get each & every spell bother with this Lvl. 7 spell. Or for that matter waste Hp points on a spell like "Blood to Gold" for 50 g per hp .. Come on !! Now if it was 5000 or so I might consider it in the early stages of the game. The reason I ask is my Warlock has 2 level 7 spells left to choose before he gets to Lvl 12.

On a side descriptive note I think I have a pretty balanced party & thanks to everyone here & their great tips & advice I haven't even gotten to Ishad N'Ha yet because I've been busy "rumphying up" my 6 man team to Lvl 12. I decided to build on Inherent Traits so I have: 2 Barbarians(male) -- a Whiskah & Llizord, 2 Paladins -- 1 Gourk & 1 Human(both female) who were formerly Priests. At Lvl 12 they have all their Vine & Spirit spells) I also have 1 Elf Ranger who was formerly a Wiz (she has maxed out all but 1 or 2 spells in Sun & Stone. After the Fletchery trait I will convert her to a Paladin. My other Wiz (an Oomphaz) changed 1st to Paladin then at Lvl 11 to Ranger and at Lvl 11 to Warlock JUST to get all spell Realms & especially the "Teleport", "Create Portal" & "Call Home" spells . I will eventually convert him to MONK (for Spirit Shield) & probably end him off as a Ninja (to finish some early Moon spells I skipped). This game is great fun & I enjoy the Board & reading all the advice , quirks or the game etc.
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 04:22 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

No, they aren't.
Blood to gold: there are much more effective ways of getting money in W&W, both if you are patched and if you are unpatched.

Blood Bath: ineffective and really bad with respect to the side effect caused by the spell to you. Note that each a bit stronger monster will resist several "hits" of the spell so that the the result will be: your spellcaster killed or left with 1 HP, his victim harmed but alive and kicking.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:54 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

In my games I have had some successes with blood bath. It requires that another spellcaster is standing by with the "restore health" spell or something like that. But then it is pretty effective.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:04 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Personally, I don't think they're worth getting, but as you level up, you will be offered a spell pick as long as you still have some unlearned spells. And that has meant that eventually, whether I wanted to or not, I had to choose them...

They are by far some of the most useless spells overall, although they may have some occasional bouts of utility. All that IMHO, of course
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #5
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Hmmm...Blood to Gold is completely useless and should not even be learned unless you've learned every other spell in the game...but learning the spell would increase your maximum mana because it is after all learning a new spell...in my opinion...of course...

Blood Bath on the other hand...is one of my favorite spells in the game...maybe it is because of the high levels of my characters and their massive amounts of stats... Blood Bath for me does about 200-400 damage on the first few hits....and goes down from there...the monsters can't harm me anyways...but a Restore Health spell quickly gets me back to my full health... something worth considering tho....

[ 06-01-2004, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: So So ]
Old 06-01-2004, 11:14 AM   #6
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Honestly, I can never be bothered using either of them.

But that doesn't mean I don't learn them. Those storm spells do increase your mana quite a bit...

Moiraine Sedai

[ 06-01-2004, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: moiraine sedai ]
Old 06-02-2004, 02:12 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I keep telling myself that if they had the time to really polish this game off before they released it both those spells would have been replaced or completely redesigned (especially Blood to Gold which is probably the worst spell I can remember in any game).

Skip them!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:42 AM   #8
Robalex
Dungeon Master

I seem to remember another RPG game in the late 90's that had a similar spell as Blood to Gold & wonder if it's one of Bradley's carry-overs from a previous game.
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 11:41 PM   #9
Dang
The Magister

On the other hand if you decide you *REALLY* hate a character, blood to gold would be an effi˘ient way to get rid of them.

I think they just wanted the Fiend book to have some virtually useless, only hurt the caster spells to emphasize the evilness of the book.
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote