Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 11:30 PM   #111
Nerull
Lord Ao

Well, just got back from the Texas Folklife Festival, and had a good time. They had 10 stages set up, with different music from around the world (Mexico, China, etc.), and a bunch of food booths with various types of food. The organizations involved are either student organizations (their shows tend to be mostly amateurs, but many are younger people who are learning, so a big deal for them) or people who do these activities on the side (they join a dance organization as a hobby, etc.). However, still a lot of fun, if a little on the expensive side (what form of commercial entertainment isn't these days...). However, as usual, the thing was HOT; it was in the 90's, high humidity, on the black asphault and sidewalks of the Institute of Texan Cultures parking lot. I kept ducking back into the Institute building (it is a cultural museum, and the event is sponsored on its grounds) because it had air conditioning. First thing I did when I got home was take as cold a shower as I could stand taking.

And there was quite a bit of "leg", too (lots of short skirts and tiny shorts due to the heat). And no, taking the cold shower had nothing to do with that (I know how some of you think).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 06-13-2004, 01:23 AM   #112
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Aww, poor puppies, bring 'em in early and cuddle them, yourself! *mushy Cloudy cuddles yapping puppies and offers dog biscuits*

ROTFL...the sequined handbag...ROTFL!! I'd pay to see that one!

Sorry Dron...better you than me, we're painting and we don't want rain..makes it too sticky to dry fast!
Old 06-13-2004, 01:31 AM   #113
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

So stormy do you mind if we play a little guessing game on what happend. I am sure we can come up with something. It might make what happend to you look like nothing.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:10 AM   #114
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
.......Remind me to kick myself next time I decide to go on another youth lock-in. Stayed up the entire night and went to sleep around 8:30 am the next day. Woke up at 4pm. Now it's 3am and I'm wide awake. So basically my biological clock is all screwed up.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 06-13-2004, 03:20 AM   #115
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Aww, poor puppies, bring 'em in early and cuddle them, yourself! *mushy Cloudy cuddles yapping puppies and offers dog biscuits*
Cuddle them? If you even touch them they pee everywhere. No thanks [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Beach was great Was way packed, but the waves were pretty big and the water wasn't too frigid. Was really clear too. Some people were having a wedding about 10yds away from our little camp. Everyone who saw started applauding when the bride was walking down the 'aisle' lol
Old 06-13-2004, 08:16 AM   #116
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Well, if you're not going to tell, why are you posting it? Just trying to leave us hanging ("I have a secret...")?
yes, you think I am actually going to tell you what I did? I posted it just to leave you in the dark
Quote:
So stormy do you mind if we play a little guessing game on what happend. I am sure we can come up with something. It might make what happend to you look like nothing.
sure mack, go ahead, but I doubt anything you can come up with would compare to it [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2004, 08:25 AM   #117
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Dam my plan ruined again. Must have been something real bad for you not to post it.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:40 AM   #118
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

hey everyone, howz it going? Im having another schedule like yesterday, I just love it!

Think I might play a bit of bgt and take my solo barbarian out for a walk, but for now Im just playing some guitar, watched download last night, its a shame I couldn't make it, but it was still pretty cool on TV. (For those of you who don't know what Download is, its a massive Heavy Metal festival that takes place every year, started in 1980. Its really great, there was also a competition run this year where the most talented band, in the judges opinion, were given a slot on stage, I thought that was really cool, they were pretty good too. Maybe Il be up there one day. *drools all over self* )
Old 06-13-2004, 11:01 AM   #119
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
maybe she just wanted to watch you run inside, then go back out then back inside, ect...
The only problem is, I didnt go inside. My employer didnt feel it was worth the time to wait out the 5 min down pours, so worked straight through them. Oh well, that's all over, so it's all good! Morning, all!
Old 06-13-2004, 02:23 PM   #120
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Afternoon, all. Well the front beds are now done. All that is left is for Galadria to plant her bulbs, which, I believe, is gonna be this afternoon. Jen, sounds like you had fun.