Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-29-2003, 04:12 PM   #1
Grendal
Manshoon

since there is no bg1 section Ill post this here.
1)how much does game time influence the game? ie; I stop lots to rest and heal so in game time its taken me 5 days to do not very much...is this detrimental or does it matter?
2)when pickpocketing a sleeping person everyone in the house (even in a differant room) turns hostile including other sleeping ppl, whys that?
3)is there any way to get stats on an enemy while in battle? It would be nice to know how many HP they have left or any other pertinent info.
Im sure there will be more so Ill just keep asking on this thread!

[ 06-29-2003, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Grendal ]
Old 06-29-2003, 04:19 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

0) The BG1 forum is still alive you know. Use the menu in the bottom right.

1) No real effect, the game dosent much care. It would be cool if the seasons changed and all that, but that would be very hard to do in the infinity engine.

2) The game is old, certain of the scripts lack subtelty. Get caught pickpocketing, and everyone goes hostile. If your not getting caught, its probably a bug.

3) If you installed the BG:trilogy mod from teambg, you would be running in the ToB engine and could use TAB highlighting as normal. But thats a very large download and is a bit buggy still. IN normal BG1, there is no way.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:36 PM   #3
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I had been known, in BG1, to find out the hit points on a tough opponent and keep running total of them when I fought to see how close I was getting to killing them.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 06-29-2003, 09:33 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

1. Time doesn't matter, not in case you get into a time-related quest, which I don't recall any of those, but I could be mistaken. Rest all you want, I sure did LOL. Save a lot too, you are always safe when you give yourself many save spots so if something goes bad in a battle, or you forgot to do something, there is always a save spot not too far back you can go back to [img]smile.gif[/img]

2. I think you have to be a fairly good thief to be able to pickpocket people at random, sleeping in their beds. Try downing some thieving potions and see if that works LOL. Either way, I'm pretty sure you won't get much from them, maybe a few coins and the usual "predictable" items.

3. You should be able to hover over the enemy in battle and see "Injured", Near Death", etc. I can't remember how or if you can get the game to show the actual hit points moving though.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-29-2003, 10:09 PM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
3. You should be able to hover over the enemy in battle and see "Injured", Near Death", etc. I can't remember how or if you can get the game to show the actual hit points moving though.
As far as I remember (it's been a while since I played BG1) that feature wasn't present yet in that game. It was only implemented in IWD1, which came out in between BG1 and BG2. If I'm correct, there is no telling, not even in such a vague way like 'barely injured' or 'almost dead' or so, of how many HPs your enemies have in BG1 at all.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:32 PM   #6
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You are right, J'aran. I just played through it a few months back with Bardan. That was only introduced in IWD1. I remember thinking it was brilliant at the time. Well, I still do think it is brilliant.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 06-30-2003, 03:47 AM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

The only time related quest is the one where you get poisoned and must find a cure.