Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-02-2001, 03:46 PM   #1
Nerull
Lord Ao

I originally posted this topic on 6/30/01, but it seems to have vanished...

Anyway, I am going to start an all-good party. With the exception of Anomen (who eventually turns Lawful Good anyway), I am using only good-aligned NPCs. I will be running an Archer (I do not want to play a thief). Thus, I am stuck with Nalia as my "thief" (you have to use that term loosely with her) until I get Imoen back.

Considering this, I want to find as many items that boost her ability as a thief, and do not want to cheat (i.e. use Shadowkeeper, CLUAConsole, etc.). I know where some of the items are (for example, the gloves of pick pocketing in the Copper Coronet, the Mercykiller ring, Ring of Danger Sense, etc.), but I was wondering if anyone had a list of the items and where they could be found (I've played through before, but had strong thieving abilities in my neutral party, and never really paid attention to those items the first time through ). Any help in this department would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
Old 07-02-2001, 05:10 PM   #2
skier9205
Manshoon

What I did is buy Potions of Master Thievery everywhere I can. The affects of the potions are accumulative so you can get the stats for pick pockets, pick locks, up pretty high. As for backstabbing, you can't do much about. But, of you want to get your character out of the way (like using hide in shadows) just use the improved invisibility or shadow door spells. Imoens not so great either so she'll just have to memorize the detect traps spell. Hope this helps.
Old 07-03-2001, 05:50 AM   #3
Big Al
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There are rings of danger sense (trap detecting) and lock picking as well as the gauntlets of pickpocketing. Don't forget the shadow armour and boots of stelth they help to boost up your hide in shadows.

BA
Old 07-04-2001, 11:39 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Bump
Old 07-05-2001, 11:56 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
Bump
Bump
Old 07-06-2001, 12:28 AM   #6
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I was thinking there is a Cloak which helps improve thieving abilities. Unfortunately Im having a brain cramp trying to remember the name and location of it but Ill get back to you as soon as I figure it out.

With the gloves of pickpocketing, ring of danger sense, Boots of Stealth, the cloak I cant remember, and a boat load of potions of master theivery (and you can buy a BUNCH of those), you should be able to get your theiving abilities rediculously high.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2001, 12:49 AM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Hmmmmm.....lets see(SoA items only):

Armor: Shadow Armor, The Nights Gift
Ring: Ring of Lockpicks, Ring of Danger Sense, Mercy Killer Ring
Gauntlets: Gloves of Pick Pocketing
Cloak: Cloak of Elvenkind
Boots: Boots of Stealth, Boots of Elvenkind
Other: Potion of Perception, Potion of Master Thievery