Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 08:59 AM   #11
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

first of all it does not matter who has a higher iq, it is in how you use it. i have met more men without common sense than women. altho i have met some women that their stupidity would just blow your mind away.

anyway, logic and common sense are what makes a person "smart" in my book. you have to use your iq, not just have it. and it is how you use it that will prove the type of person you are.

for example-a scumbag lawyer (i'm not stereotyping lawyers, i am using a type of lawyer) who defends and gets away with setting free a guilty man. ok he may have a high iq, but i still feel he is stupid.

or-a nice psychologist who helps a person through depression and/or anxiety naturally (without drugs.) he may have a high iq as well but he used it to better the world. he is a smart person.

please note my usage of male pronouns was simple because i hate typing him/her, s/he, etc.

intelligence is all in how you use it!
Old 10-03-2003, 09:37 AM   #12
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

As good sociologists we can make generalizations about groups, but not individuals. I will, therefore, say that there are some characteristics (stereotypes) attributable to men and women broadly. However, rather than argue about who's better than who, I say we should celebrate these differences.... Passionately.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:43 AM   #13
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Easy Hierophant, he was just posting one side of an argument! Personally I've also had enough of all the feminism out there! Men need support too! [img]tongue.gif[/img] So many women these days take advantage of their so called weaker position to get things done that in a truly equal world would never happen. Bring on true equality!
Old 10-03-2003, 09:56 AM   #14
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

I don't get it: why do you use one isolated incident (mercedes-murder) to back up your argument about men are smarter than women? On average, one situation doesn't affect the whole as dramatically as you claim it to do.

And did you find this conclusion about men being smarter on average through your own hard research? Or do you believe everything you read in various internet-articles?

And why bring it up in the first place? It's pointless, meaningless and certainly untrue. I completely reject the outcome of that insane research as do I ignore its very existence!!! PUH !!
Old 10-03-2003, 10:04 AM   #15
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Frankly, I wasn't all that happy when I read the first post either *blushes* and my first instinct was to defend womenkind Seriously, though, I wonder if this "we males (on average) are better" or "we females (on average) are better" arguments are manifestations of an underlying sense of insecurity we may not be fully aware of.

Personally, I think it would be great if men and women (inclusive of children and old folk ) could just lead by example of their respective sexes; actions, after all, speak louder than words.

[ 10-03-2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 10-03-2003, 10:12 AM   #16
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

I don't get it: why do you use one isolated incident (mercedes-murder) to back up your argument about men are smarter than women? On average, one situation doesn't affect the whole as dramatically as you claim it to do.

And did you find this conclusion about men being smarter on average through your own hard research? Or do you believe everything you read in various internet-articles?

And why bring it up in the first place? It's pointless, meaningless and certainly untrue. I completely reject the outcome of that insane research as do I ignore its very existence!!! PUH !!
The Psychometric research was done by Richard Lynn and Paul Irwin, professors at the University of Ulster. It was a fairly gender neutral report, illuminating advantages and disadvantages that both have when it comes to intelligence and development. It's gained visibility because the Times of London referenced it in an article back in August.

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
Frankly, I wasn't all that happy when I read the first post either *blushes* and my first instinct was to defend womenkind Seriously, though, I wonder if this "we males (on average) are better" or "we females (on average) are better" arguments are manifestations of an underlying sense of insecurity we may not be fully aware of.

Personally, I think it would be great if men and women (inclusive of children and old folk ) could just lead by example of their respective sexes; actions, after all, speak louder than words.
AMEN to that!

[ 10-03-2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Thoran ]
Old 10-03-2003, 10:19 AM   #17
BaRoN NiGhT

Where is IAmThumper? Don't be shy to post again...
Old 10-03-2003, 10:36 AM   #18
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
Where is IAmThumper? Don't be shy to post again...

Yeah! Don't be offended by our posts! Come and have another beer!
Old 10-03-2003, 10:49 AM   #19
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
IAMThumper, don't throw a match into a pile of leaves then walk away from the fire.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-03-2003, 11:46 AM   #20
WillowIX
Apophis

I believe Mel and Hierophant said it all. At least they covered my opinion. Vaskeypoo, for once, makes a good point too. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Some women plays the discrimination card at once when things aren't going they're way. But then so do men, although from another angle. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-03-2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]