Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-30-2002, 06:40 PM   #1
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

If you go to you will see the stats on certain rare items.
For instance:
1. Cuirass of the saviour's hide: 21.
2. Lord's mail: 210
3. Dragonbone cuirass: 213

I just found these items, and the stats were (respectively)
1. 66
2. 153
3. 153

The crappy armour has more defense than it should have had, and the two great ones have lower.. that's not fair!

Why are the stats different? I thought they were fixed.. this isn't Diablo..

edit: and what does the daedric sanctuary amulet do. It has no stats, yet it's worth 3100

[ 05-30-2002, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: [wcip]Angel ]
[wcip]Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 06:54 PM   #2
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

in answer to your first question, the armors rating is based on the 'base' value and your skill rating in that armor class. are you specialized in light armor more than heavy?
having a low score in heavy armor will make the heavy armors' rating lower.
at least that has been my experiance.
Old 05-30-2002, 07:07 PM   #3
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

Damn..

"Heavy armour: 46"
"Medium armour: 86"
"Light armour: 25"
Old 05-30-2002, 07:49 PM   #4
Silverthornne
Dungeon Master

Yea, your armor skill determines how much "armor rating" a piece of armor will have. It would be nice to get the base armor rating of an item, but it was left out.

As for your second question, if that's the amulet I think it is, have you tried using it? It's the key to get to a place with a battle that has an interesting reward.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:08 PM   #5
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

oooo.. sounds exciting.. Is it like the thing in final fantasy VIII that allows you to get the Diablo guardian force?
Old 05-30-2002, 08:26 PM   #6
Silverthornne
Dungeon Master

If it's the one I think, you got it in the Hall of Fyr in Tel Fyr right? Wear it.

And man o man... I didn't have much fun with FF8, but I just LOVED the animation of the Diablo GF!
Old 05-30-2002, 09:38 PM   #7
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

You didn't like final fantasy 8? what's it like living on your world?

The Diablo animation was cool.. but there were better.. Bahamut is always cool. I also enjoyed shiva... there's something about sexy women and ice.. I can't explain it
Old 05-30-2002, 10:07 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Bah! stop talking about Diblos in FF8. He is the only Guardian Force whom I cannot defeat.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:24 AM   #9
Silverthornne
Dungeon Master

How could I like Final Fantasy 8? =p

Squall was a weak and boring character, and if I wanted a game with a love story I'd be playing Lunar (which btw both of them have MUCH better written love stories than FF8). I also didn't like the changes they did to the battle system (only 4 commands? puhlease). Actually, when I think about it I think the only Final Fantasy games I REALLY liked were the first one, number 4 (the one with Cecil at the lead), number 5, and Tactics. Final Fantasy 6 was fun until the mid-game point since I didn't like Celes that much and you're stuck with her... and you take too long to get my favorite character back (which was Locke). Number 7 was too easy, but the Materia system and the Chocobo breeding mini-game made it worthwhile. Number 8 was a huge yawn, and number 9 wasn't bad actually but I could never get into it very much. Something to do with the effeminate bad guy that had more curves than any other female in the game though he was a male I think.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:29 AM   #10
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

7 was my first fantasy, so I can't comment on the previous games.. I didn't find 7 any easier than 8.. I think 8 was easier, because I managed to kill the big boss in 8 (The Omega weapon) and not the ones in 7 (the desert and underwater weapon.. I never managed to kill those, even with a fire X-plorer) ...

As far as I've understood, they change the battle system for each game.. sooner or later they're bound to choose one that's no damn good. (even though I don't think the battle system in FF8 was that bad.. a bit complicated though.. I didn't understand all of it until disc4 [img]smile.gif[/img] )