Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 03-08-2003, 11:00 PM   #1
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I have been searching this forum for traps for quite a while. Actually, that was how I found this site, looking for info on traps in BG1. Anyways, I have heard people say you cannot disable traps, and people referring to disabling traps. Maybe a tweak for TOTSC?
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 11:16 PM   #2
BetterThanU
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes in bg1 there is a way to disable traps.
all u do is select a theif in the group tell them to detect traps. if they detect one then select the pickpocket button then tell them to do that to the trap.
hope it helps
Old 03-08-2003, 11:18 PM   #3
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
I have been searching this forum for traps for quite a while. Actually, that was how I found this site, looking for info on traps in BG1. Anyways, I have heard people say you cannot disable traps, and people referring to disabling traps. Maybe a tweak for TOTSC?
What exactly are you looking for about traps?

If you're asking about the ability to detect and disable traps, then yes, it's in the game. Thieves can detect and disable traps as their skills, while clerics can detect traps with spells.

Some traps can't be disabled. Some traps are easier to disable than others. Potions of perception boost trap-finding skills, so try drinking one of those if you're having a hard time disabling a trap.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:31 PM   #4
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Thanks a lot guys, you have no idea how many times I've had to send a tank through and almost kill him by a fire ball! You've saved the life of my Paladin, for this I am forever indebted.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote