Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2003, 02:55 AM   #1
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

Hi ,
There are certain items what I'm wondering about.
I've installed Baldurian fix pack (SoA & ToB), Tashia (she is cool - "I forgot my spells!" [img]smile.gif[/img] ), DungeonBeGone.

1.My question is did I missed these things or they come along with some of the mods ? Which ones ? I'm asking because they seem very cheesy ?

In adventurer's mart there is Deidre (I can't remember where I know her from ?) who have some very interesting items (many of them well known from PlaneScape Torment [img]smile.gif[/img] - I'm pleased Dar'kon blade forexample). Where she came from ? I don't remember her or such items during my last two rolls of the game. Isn't shield of Baldurian too cheesy against beholders ?. By the way I'm playing PlaneScape torment. Is it possible BG II to detect its presence and so the new items appear ?

I'm not sure about the names - these two items I found on a Merchant in Tradement : Girdle of Infernal barrier, Cloak of I...(can't remember) - where these come from ?

2.Also I took Nalia with me just to see her quest. Well I found the proves, rescued her from the prison, she tanks me, but the 'bad guy' say that it is not over. Many days have past, but no one appears. Is the quest over ? It is not in my jurnal.

3.There is broken weapon in BG II, NWN, PST, IWD II ? Is there something ? These games seem to be connected.

4.At least, but not at last I must praise Keldorn - he (lvl 12) beat all the mindflayers in the sewers dungeon alone with a +2 weapon that protects from stun and hold person (can remember the name) and the shield from the tradement Dao quest that protects against lots of things. His healing were potions of the genius - six of them were enough [img]smile.gif[/img] What I could not understand - his int was moving from 22 to 25 and back ?. This my first time entering here (in the sewers). What is this rod of wonder. What can you tell me aboit it? it is very expensive.
Merlin from Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 03:27 AM   #2
dragon_lord
Elminster

1. The Baldurdash fix pack adds in the bonus merchants. The bonus merchants were an extra for people who bought the collectors edition or preordered the game. The Cloak of Displacement and the Belt of Inertial Barrier were always sold by the Noble merchant in Trademeet as far as i can remember.

2. Does you PC have de'Arnise keep as a stronghold? If your a fighter class (including Monks etc) you will be able to truly finish the quest.

3. Not that im aware of. Might just be something put in for people who played Bg1.

4. He was probably Intelligence drained by the Mind Flayers which wears off fairly quickly returning his int value back to 25 (what the potion of genius set it to), but im sure Mind Flayers drain by 5 (or was that improved by tactics mod?) so maybe not. Use the Wand of Wonder if you like to gamble, i cant say i have ever used it. So i cant tell you what it does.... ok just looked it up using IEEP: 12% probability of a Fireball, 12% probability of Lightning Bolt, 12% probability of Haste, 12% probability of Petrification, 12% probability of Stinking Cloud, 12% probability of Web, 13% probability of getting +4 to Strength, and 13% probability of getting Stoneskin.

[ 06-02-2003, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: dragon_lord ]
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 06:12 AM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

1. The bonus merchants Deidre (at the Adventurer's Mart) and Joluv (at the Copper Coronet) can be downloaded seperately from Baldurdash but are also included in the Fixpack IIRC.
Shield of Balduran and Cloak of Mirroring indeed leave Beholders with very little chances but this can still make sense in role-playing. And isn't it too cheesy against Goblins that you wear clothes and do not fight with your hands tied behind your back.
The Cloak of Displacement and the Girdle of Inertial Barrier have always been in the game. But Trademeet merchants only sell to you after you solve the Dao Djinn quest. Maybe you didn't do that the last time.
2. If you are a fighter you get the keep as stronghold after the Nalia quest. If not, well it's done and Nalia travels with you and leaves her home.
3. Would you guys stop thinking about the deeper sense of the broken weapons.
"I always wondered about the trash lying aroun in Deus Ex. Now I've found an empty trashcan in Duke Nukem Manhattan Project. Is there any connection?"
NO, there is not. There is a slight possibility that these Broken weapons were intended for something but IMHO they are just trash lying around. They had a meaning in BG1 however, where your weapons could break after overuse because of the Iron crisis.
4. The rod of wonder is an item that generates random effects. Like a revolver with six different bullets where you spin the drum before shooting.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:06 AM   #4
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

Thanks. I'm a sorcerer (I mean my character - I'm still human [img]smile.gif[/img] ) so the quest is over and Nalia is out. We're Me, Tashia, and Keldorn - from time to time Yoshimo, Nalia, Volygar, Jan, etc..

Meli should think twice about it we come two this time - not one. And 'the exile' - poor exile "...we shall not meet again..." [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Merlin from Amber is offline   Reply With Quote