Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2002, 12:03 PM   #1
Balgin
Elminster

Whilst recently resuming the adventures of "The Short Party", I discovered an amusing "playing dead" bug. Having completed the Ninja promotion quest (for Ragnar, the Thief, not realy a ninja, just a warrior of the shadows)I headed back to town to finish his training. Whilst in a headstrong party barbarian decided to become a samurai. I accepted the quest and headed out into the wilderness once more. After searching the entire area adjacent to the castle moat I came to two conclusions, that either the burial ground had moved or it was empty. The ghostly ronin were hiding like craven cowards (ronin are/were lordless samurai and often assumed to be without honour). A wrong turn took me in the general direction of Erathsmedor's haunt (see my main parties horse riding, shroud waving exploits of yester year)and I stumbled upon an odd looking patch of ground. Since it was nightime it took me a while to realise that it looked like a dead Scabban prototype just before it would disappear, I moused over it and discovered a Swamp Muck (or is it evil muck) in full health! I swung at it and went into turn based but it didn't react until I stood in the middle of it (constantly getting the out of range message)and hit it two or three times after which it got up and started fighting. I was so surprised I forgot to take a screenshot! The other two or three nearby where playing dead two but, since I wanted to visit the samurai burial grounds I exited to windows and started again.

Has anyone ever experienced this one before and if so would it make a good Gale Serran Examiner story? (I can't garantee any screenshots but could easily write it up if Saz wants).
Old 01-29-2002, 01:51 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Balgin!!

Sounds most interesting! Do get screenshots if this reoccurs when you replay - sounds like Examiner stuffing to me!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 02:49 PM   #3
CatsMeowCentral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've run into that a time or two myself but all I did was cast Firestorm and "poof!"
CatsMeowCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 11:02 AM   #4
Balgin
Elminster

If it happens again I'll screenie it but I hope it won't. ANy suggestions about the cowering Samurai ghosts hiding in the shadows?