Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2003, 04:19 AM   #1
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Anyone ever done any tests to see in exactly what situations this relic works properly?

My character is an assassin and I am considering getting this cloak to 'roleplay' (I hate that word ) his mastery with cloak and dagger.

I have come up against a fair number of mages in the past who are fond of casting dispel magic/true seeing/glitterdust etc and I want to know what spells will make him visible when he is:

a) under the influence of invis/imp invis
b) hidden in shadows

From memory, the cloak grants the effects of the non-detection spell... but does it actually work as such?

Any help you can give me with this one is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:42 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

He will remain "invisble" all the time.-I.e-hidden in shadows or invisible by spell.

True Sight doesn`t reveal your presence if you are wearing the cloak. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-11-2003, 04:46 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 10:18 AM   #3
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

After all it is the cloak of non-detection. You will always be invisible unless there is some type of bugg for this. I do not know...
Old 10-11-2003, 06:14 PM   #4
Tyrion
Quintesson

this cloak is more useful here in bg2 than in the predessor...noone had true seeing back then

those were the days!
Old 10-11-2003, 06:28 PM   #5
Userunfriendly
Elminster

urm...

the cloak of non detection has only one purpose...

it will protect a thief who is hidden in shadows from true sight...

a mage who wears the cloak and uses improved invisibility or invisibility will be revealed...

however the mage can either cast spell immunity divination, or cast mislead...if the clone is out of range of the enemy casting true sight, true sight won't work at all...or get the boots of preservation from tactics mod, the ritual...wearing those nifty items will make you immune to true sight, as well as dispell magic, breach, ruby ray, etc...
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 02:40 PM   #6
SillySorcerer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, I think that Userunfriendly has it right. I would just add that I think the glitterdust spell will always reveal an invisible character since it covers them in, well, glittering dust.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:48 PM   #7
Userunfriendly
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by SillySorcerer:
Yeah, I think that Userunfriendly has it right. I would just add that I think the glitterdust spell will always reveal an invisible character since it covers them in, well, glittering dust.
urm...magic resistance will protect from glitterdust, so will making the save...

glitterdust is really a combat spell...against creatures with low saves, its best used to blind people...very very useful against beholders...use often, and bash them....
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 08:58 AM   #8
SillySorcerer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmm... maybe, maybe not. I agree that there is a save against the blindness part of the spell, but I am not sure about the becoming visible part. I use the spell quite a bit and my experience is that glitterdust always makes hidden enemies visible, which leads me to believe that there is not a save. As always, though, I could be wrong.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:56 AM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Actually Glitterdust does allow a Save.(Imp. Tor`Gal ) But it is a very good spell...Greater Malison followed by Glitterdust is a winner. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote