Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-24-2002, 04:04 AM   #1
summers
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, I need help. Erathsmedor accepts the shroud but ignores the secret word Elseramavin. WHat am I doing wrong? Do I have the right word? Can anyone help???
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 05:44 AM   #2
macoati
Manshoon

First, Welcome to the board, summers!!!

Second, You have the correct word but you must use the "talk" button with the drop down menu. The way to do this is to type Elseramavin first, hit enter (or click on the old smokey lizard), then go to the talk button again and the word should show up in the menu. Select the word and then either click on Erathsmedor or hit enter. That should do the trick. If not, then there may be a problem with the exact location you are standing... anyone else remember is Erathsmedor is picky on location?

Good luck!
Old 11-24-2002, 06:17 AM   #3
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to the Board, summers!!!!!

Sorry to hear...that your game's....misbehavin
.......the word.....is correct....it's......Elseramavin.

Did you 'Talk' to Erathsmedor and then give him the shroud????
Or was it the other way around????
I always wait until he asks for the shroud...before I give it to him. (actually...I forget about it, until he mentions it)

When you first entered the chamber, Erathsmedor should have been busy with Kol. After he finishes him off he says...

"Who dares to disturb me now?..."
"I am Erathsmedor!..."
"Speak quickly if you wish to live!..."
"For my patience has already worn thin..."

At that point...if you click the 'Talk' icon....you should find 'Elseramavin' in the list of replys. If its not there...You might want to check each character.
If it's still not there...type it in and hit 'Enter'....Sometimes, if you stand in the wrong spot...it doesn't register, when you try to click on Erathsmedor.

Hope this helps.... ...if not...let us know.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:43 AM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the boards summers! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] I hope your stay will be fun and pleasant. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2002, 08:50 PM   #5
summers
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for your help but nothing seems to work. I type in Elseramavin and hit enter and it will not register on the dropdown menu and the same if I click on him. I have tried standing in him next to him behind him and each time I enter the word he rambles on about the mavin sword. I give him the shroud and he asks for the sacred word and still he goes into his speech about the mavin sword. Every time Erathsmedor only recognises the word mavin and goes into his speech about being forged from twin metals. this is now seriously bugging me. Any other suggestions???
Old 11-24-2002, 09:14 PM   #6
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Have you looked around the room.....Is the door to the Mavin Sword open???

Erathsmedor doesn't actually Give you the sword...He only opens the door, so you can take it.

I tried to duplicate your problem, but the save that I used...already had the door open....and the response from Eathsmedor was the same. He just kept rambling on, about the Mavin Sword.

If all else fails...I'm afraid the only option is...the 'Reverse Time' spell...(reload and old save)....

[ 11-24-2002, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 11-24-2002, 09:39 PM   #7
the_young_one
Manshoon

I've encountered the same problem from time to time. You can try reloading and talking to erathsmedor in different locations and hope that elseramavin appears in your chat box. Otherwise choose some of the following:

1. Reinstall and play without the patch (copy your saved game and roster.dat in another folder first.) If this gets you past erathsmedor, then you can reinstall the patch again.

2. You can still complete the game without the Mavin sword (must get staff of doom). Go back to the glade at the rear entrance to the boogre caves, go to the west and cast vanish. If you are in the right place, this will teleport you to the trail from Dragonspire to Brimloch Roon. IIRC, the door to where the mavin sword is remains locked. You will miss out on a few other items, but not essential. In fact, if you want, you can come back to Dragonspire when your party is tougher, and do option 3 later.

3. Kill erathsmedor and the door will definitely open up. However, this might be a tough battle depending on how well developed your characters are. Offensive spells don't do much, so rely more on hack and slash with lots of defensive spells (e.g. heroic might on your best fighters)

Good luck - this problem isn't always there - other games I've played are fine..
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 03:30 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

I had problems with Erathsmedor, too. I found out that:
1. The word "Elseramavin" must be in your "talk list". Typing "Elseramavin" without having the word in the talk list does not work. In the other words, you must have D'Soto freed and you must have talked with him about "Elseramavin".
2. You must tell Erathsmedor "Elseramavin" first. Erathsmedor should do "Eh?!" as the answer to the word. Now, wait until Erathsmedor asks the shroud.
3. Give Erathsmedor the shroud.
This always works - at least in my game. Giving the shroud to Erathsmedor too hastily or giving the shroud before speaking "Elseramavin" can spoil the ceremony. On the other hand, I haven't found any "right place", which you should speak from. All places seem to be eaually good. Well, you can have problems with giving the shroud from some locations. Change your location a bit and continue giving the shroud.
You must pass the ceremony if you want the sword. I have checked that you cannot enter the room with the sword by Vanish-ing through the pass and entering the room with the sword from behind. There is a locked door there.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:01 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, summers!!!

Hope you have managed to get the Mavin Sword by now! Keep us posted on how your game is going and enjoy the board!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 03:23 AM   #10
summers
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi guys,
Thanks for all your help. I eventually went back and talked to D'Soto again and he said Elseramavin and it appeared in the talk box. Went back to Erathsmedor and lo and behold he accepted it and all is well. Next problem to follow shortly ( I am a bit of a beginner in gaming!)