Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2002, 02:28 AM   #1
tige
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Excellent review...actual score could have been even higher based on the reviewer's overwhelmingly positive experience with the game!

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...371215,00.html

If you haven't played it yet, GO GET IT!

tige

[ 09-28-2002, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: tige ]
tige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 01:25 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

tige, as I said to Warhammer, I'll say to you, I would love to hear your persoanl experiences/review of the game. Thanks.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 11:57 PM   #3
tige
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
tige, as I said to Warhammer, I'll say to you, I would love to hear your persoanl experiences/review of the game. Thanks.
Hi,

Well, I love the game. It's actually one of the best I have played in many years. I started gaming on my Commodore 64 back in the mid 80s. I have played tons of CRPGs in the last 17 years or so. From Zork to Morrowind.

I can say without a doubt that Divine Divinity already is in the top 5 of any I have ever played. It's just a wonderful and fantastic game. Very refined and beautiful. It has a fun factor that just grabs me and won't let go.

One of my top favorites was Ultima VII - The Black Gate. Also liked Planescape Torment, Fallout, Ultima Underworld, Diablo 2, Wizardry, Bards Tale, Daggerfall, Morrowind, etc.

I think DD reminds me the most of Ultima VII with a good dash of Diablo 2 thrown in as well. It's just so polished and extremely well done. I highly recommend the game to you without reservation. It is the most fun I have had on my PC in several years.

tige
Old 09-30-2002, 05:02 PM   #4
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Is the game like Diablo or something? looks like it on the pic`s i have never heard about the game but it looks great [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 07:26 PM   #5
tige
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, it is like Diablo in many ways, but it has much more depth of story, NPC interaction, and feels much like a living, breathing world. If you have ever played Ultima 7: The Black Gate you will know what I am talking about.

It feels like a combination of Diablo and Ultima 7 the most IMHO.

tige
Old 09-30-2002, 11:43 PM   #6
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Looks good, now I just have to find a copy...that's always the hard part
Old 10-18-2002, 10:27 PM   #7
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Just played the demo--man, am I impressed! Definitely a must have.
HolyWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 06:39 AM   #8
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by HolyWarrior:
My demo doesn't work I've downloaded it 4 times and it crashes after the start game movies and I want to play it cause I don't know if I lik the point based level up system and I looked at the full guide but it's a bit short I think. How long does it take to finish the game?
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 07:34 AM   #9
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
quote:
My demo doesn't work I've downloaded it 4 times and it crashes after the start game movies and I want to play it cause I don't know if I lik the point based level up system and I looked at the full guide but it's a bit short I think. How long does it take to finish the game?[/QUOTE]Only buy it i am sure you would love it i do and it have about the same grapic as Dungeon Siege and Diablo II but have mere cool story! I love it! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 02:20 AM   #10
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
quote:
My demo doesn't work I've downloaded it 4 times and it crashes after the start game movies and I want to play it cause I don't know if I lik the point based level up system and I looked at the full guide but it's a bit short I think. How long does it take to finish the game?[/QUOTE]What kind of video card do you have? One big reason I'm stoked about DD is that it's one of the few RPGs that my computer with only an 8MB video card can play--fuhget Morrowind, NWN, etc.
There are 3 classes: Warrior, Thief, Mage. Each has 4 paths--for example, the Mage has Elemental, Summoning, I forget the other two. Each path has 8 skills. You are NOT restricted to other skill sets because of your starting class. For example, if you play a warrior (the only class you can play in the demo), it's a damn good idea to pick up repair and lockpick from the Thief set and Meteorstrike from the Mage set (good bang for the mana with that spell). You get 1 (occasionally 2) skill points and 5 attribute points each level.
The Demo took about 10 hours to play. My only complaint about DD is that it's easy to get quests out of order, screwing up the dialog.
And a message to certain magazine reviewers: If I want bloody multiplayer, I'll play face-to-face! I don't want or need it in a computer game!
HolyWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote