Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 10-13-2006, 11:27 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Remakes usually suck, and Halloween was a freaking CLASSIC. It was the first Horror movie I saw (Rated R) in 1980--on a rich friends BETAMAX.. (they were like VCR's and cost $5000 back then)

But Rob has a good eye for directing movies.. But Halloween wasn't known for its gore, it was all about the mood, and the suspense.

http://www.halloweenmovies.com/h9_lobby.html

Besides HIS remake, Halloween 9 is also under development for next year I assume! wow... [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:57 AM   #2
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I love Halloween, I'm not sure its necessary to do a remake. This is such a classic horror film. I hope that it is not gored up. This is what seem to be popular in today's movie market. I prefer subtle horror to shock and gore. Also what made the original Halloween so good was the awesome music!!
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Personally I am all about gore: the more the better

Halloween did however give birth to the slasher genre so I think Mr. Zombie's take on it will be worth checking out, I do wonder tho if a Jamie Lee cameo could be on the cards?
Old 10-25-2006, 05:34 AM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
Halloween did however give birth to the slasher genre so I think Mr. Zombie's take on it will be worth checking out, I do wonder tho if a Jamie Lee cameo could be on the cards?
If so, then I hope it'll be a short one. Her saving the day would be a crappy way to end the movie.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Micheal Myres rocks.. I had an original mask in the 1990's.. scary stuff. Even Adults were freaked out. (This was before 'the shape' mask was sold everywhere. (And the current one sucks).

Did you know who's face shape that is? William Shatner. Kirk. (The original Halloween Movie that is). lol... odd.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote