Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Crazed Silly STILL in a right hand full cast.. (Reason for being away a bit) a question....

Its been 12 weeks now... I am SO Freaking sick of it.. And its my right hand.. all I can do is type --and slooowww. hehe.

But its the bone in the hand/wrist called a scaphoid. And OF COURSE its the hardest to heal, due to limited blood flow, so I have this mini machine with a disc that I place on the area where they cut a square out of the cast.. this device sends ultrasound to move blood-flow. I guess... lol... does feel better, but I just worked on the server all day on and off.. trying to find what was causing the bluescreen.. even with 2 hands its time consuming... with a cast? It sweats.. its just irritating now..

Hope its done soon. I get a 'new' cast every 2 weeks..
That's been eating up our cash too.

Just trying to think positive...

Just figured I'd update you on my situation. I can't do ANY graphical work, no 3D Modeling... so I'm in neutral now. WEEE! lol...

Anyone here ever have to wear a cast? how long did yours take?
thanks!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:53 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Default Re: STILL in a right hand full cast.. (Reason for being away a bit) a question....

Sorry to hear about your hand, wish you speedy recovery.

I broke my knee when I was 14 an had to wear cast for about a month, unfortunatly it permanently messed my knee up so I havn't been able to do any sports since. It starts to ache if I strain it.
But the cast was definetly a pain I remeber, specially when it started to itch.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

Default Re: STILL in a right hand full cast.. (Reason for being away a bit) a question....

I broke my scaphoid way back in the early 90s. Had a cast on for 3 months. I was a pizza cook at the time and had to make pies with one hand. The pizza joint where I worked tossed the dough in the air. and it took about week for me to get it right one-handed. Dang thing still hurts sometimes.