Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-13-2003, 08:33 AM   #1
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Heya.
I've just finished recording an EP with this band that I'm in and am wanting to put a few MP3's up on the internet for download. Problem is, I know next to nothing about homepages, html, all that stuff (we're getting a guy to make us a website, but that'll take a little time) [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm just wondering if anyone here knows of a site that I could upload a few of our MP3s to, just temporarily, until we get our homepage up and running. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, if anyone wants I could send out our MP3s via ICQ or mIRC as well, if you can be bothered with all of that... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:45 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

I have a site at the dutch version of Tripod Lycos. It has 50 mb space but when I go to the .com Tripod/Lycos it's a lot different with max bandwith of 1 GB/month and only 20 MB space, maybe there's a tripod/lycos host in your own country which is different from the .com version.

What kind of music do you make?
Old 10-13-2003, 09:17 PM   #3
The Hierophant

Mostly distortion-guitar rock stuff. A bit of metal, a bit of funk, a bit of ska. Sort've a hodge podge really [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2003, 09:21 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Try a yahoo homepage. All you need is a yahoo account and I know people who store oodles of files there.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:42 PM   #5
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Try a yahoo homepage. All you need is a yahoo account and I know people who store oodles of files there.
Can you "hot link" to files there as in upload a picture and view it directly not have to have the file on a seperate page itself?
Old 10-14-2003, 01:20 AM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Can you "hot link" to files there as in upload a picture and view it directly not have to have the file on a seperate page itself? [/QUOTE]I am pretty sure what you mean, nd I think you can, I use geocities, which is what yahoo uses, and there is easy to use instructions on it
Old 10-14-2003, 03:26 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah you can, I use it alot for posting pictures or even screenshots on forums like this.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:32 AM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Aaron, I read your PM! If you can manage to find uploading space that would be great since I don't really use ICQ anymore but if it doesn't work out, I'll reinstall ICQ some time soon, would love to hear your stuff.
For the rest I'll reply ASAP, have a verrrrry busy week - job application today for one: yikes! Wish me luck! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

[ 10-14-2003, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 10-14-2003, 05:53 AM   #9
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Aaron, I read your PM! If you can manage to find uploading space that would be great since I don't really use ICQ anymore but if it doesn't work out, I'll reinstall ICQ some time soon, would love to hear your stuff.
For the rest I'll reply ASAP, have a verrrrry busy week - job application today for one: yikes! Wish me luck! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Right on man! Good luck! Fully back on track then huh? Full steam ahead [img]smile.gif[/img] Where abouts are you applying?
Old 10-14-2003, 07:08 AM   #10
Irongrinder

Geocities is crap for hosting pictures to post on other sites as it doesn't allow this, but for a homepage it's great. Easy to use uploader and all you need to do to have all the mp3's on one page is an easy standaard html site which perhaps someone here could easily make for you to copy/paste it in right away.