Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-08-2001, 12:53 AM   #11
BladeMaster

Ok peace RudeDawg

------------------

Old 05-08-2001, 08:11 AM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

There is better way to play with all the party being created by u. Start a multiplayer game as above. Then save the game. Quit and copy the save game folder from your multiplayer saves to the single players saves directory and now load it up in single player. This is much better because multiplayer tends to run slower and it doesn't pause the game when u go into inventory screen etc.
Old 05-08-2001, 08:14 AM   #13
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
yes there is u start a multiplayer game and assign control of all players to yourself it even tells u that in the game hints . but im not sure if u need imoen in the game bcos she is a big part of the storyline
Nope. You can go through the game perfectly well without Imoen - which is the way I like it!! My last character only travelled with Viconia and NOBODY else

Old 05-08-2001, 08:24 AM   #14
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

thats good cos imoen can be a real biatch sometimes. she asint much good either. not when i have my good ole lich

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-08-2001, 08:31 AM   #15
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
There is better way to play with all the party being created by u. Start a multiplayer game as above. Then save the game. Quit and copy the save game folder from your multiplayer saves to the single players saves directory and now load it up in single player. This is much better because multiplayer tends to run slower and it doesn't pause the game when u go into inventory screen etc.
Good advice. Thanks Vaskez! I haven't played a multiplayer game yet because I like to integrate the NPCs into my party. However, I'm intrigued by this possibility... So, if you only make up say 4 characters in a multi game and do the import thing...can I still add two NPCs to my party???

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-08-2001, 08:35 AM   #16
Lord Shield

yep!

Old 05-08-2001, 08:45 AM   #17
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Ignore Lord Shield. Yeah. But I think u got the wrong end of the stick. There is no import thing. You don't import the characters with the import function. Just create them in multiplayer and then start the game and save it. You could actually play as far as u want then save it and then copy the savegame folder into the single players saves directory and continue like that.

[This message has been edited by Vaskez (edited 05-08-2001).]
Old 05-08-2001, 09:09 AM   #18
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Ignore Lord Shield. Yeah. But I think u got the wrong end of the stick. There is no import thing. You don't import the characters with the import function. Just create them in multiplayer and then start the game and save it. You could actually play as far as u want then save it and then copy the savegame folder into the single players saves directory and continue like that.

[This message has been edited by Vaskez (edited 05-08-2001).]
the yep i was referring to was the ability to have 2 other characters join in the game itself, so he DOESN'T need to ignore me, thank you very much

Old 05-08-2001, 11:10 AM   #19
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
the yep i was referring to was the ability to have 2 other characters join in the game itself, so he DOESN'T need to ignore me, thank you very much
I know, that's what I was referring to aswell. So he DOES need to ignore you. You're welcome

Old 05-08-2001, 02:45 PM   #20
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i always play a party of 3in game npc's and 3 multiplayer characters. when you really get into making all kinds of differnt characters it really gets interesting. and your gonna need custom portraits. get some here http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/nightshade/

------------------

*Lord of the Screen Shot*
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin