Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2001, 08:27 PM   #21
Entreri
Manshoon

me it will be simulacrum .. and both of them casting FIREBALL !!!!

------------------

Maybe it's because I hate drows more than I hate Humans - Jarlaxle to Entreri
Old 04-06-2001, 08:48 PM   #22
Aurican
Elminster

Recently I've kinda grown partial to either web or stinking cloud or any kind of hold-type spell. If you get a group of enemies together with one of these, your party can mow them down with range weapons.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Old 04-07-2001, 01:35 AM   #23
White Knight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Fav offensive spells (ie the ones I used most): Cloudkill, Death Fog, Incindiary Cloud--I love how they clear out rooms, just like that...Also the elemental summoning spells, altho I wish the elementals (or other summoned creatures) could go up stairs, and follow you in or out places like the monsters do...

Fav Defensive spell: Stoneskin/Ironskins-hands down, saved me more times than I can count, and a long duration, to boot.
Old 04-07-2001, 01:46 AM   #24
Chai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

CHROMATIC ORB! Here's why: there's nothing more satisfying than seeing a a mean powerhouse of a creature get killed in the first second of the fight by a single shot of a level one spell!
Old 04-07-2001, 07:04 AM   #25
Epona
Zartan

I agree with El_Kalkylus - as bards can only memorise level 6 spells with the exp cap on, magic missile is brilliant - because of its really quick casting time you can cast it while in melee battle - which is what a bard should be about IMHO. Shoot a magic missile, then use ranged attack until your foe gets up close. Then switch to melee, firing off magic missiles every so often. This works especially well if playing a dual-wielding Blade - just launch straight in to melee, a couple of magic missiles and an offensive spin should finish off all but the toughest foes. Especially if you have cast stoneskin or mirror image first.

For mages, a different tactic is required, but magic missile is still a necessary item until you reach a high level when Chromatic orb does more damage - and the added effects can take your enemy out with one blast.

Fireball is good for spell disruption on a group of spellcasters as is cloudkill. Insect plague is the most useful priest spell IMHO - spell disruption and small but continual damage can buy breathing space for your party when facing a tough group.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.