Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-31-2001, 08:43 PM   #1
Basher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!

After a year of playing this game, there are always new aspects.
I installed ToB, too, but decided to build up a new party with a male avenger as leader. For this guy I kept Jaheira, because after the Anomen-whining I'd like to see another romance. And it seemed to develop just fine until i entered underdark. Since then Jaheira stopped talking to my main char. Is it over? Did I loose or will it go on later? I'm about to enter the last city (Suldanessalar?) and wonder, if she will come closer or not.
Then: Is there any script which is really convincing? I've read about the wizard disabler script for spellcasters, but besides some real good actions (Imoen casted ruby ray once) it is annoying as all others I have seen so far. The spellcasters still do weird things, e.g. casting ray of enfeeblement on self and the like. Also the third party scripts are more annoying than helpful. My avenger keeps casting slow poison on self, although he is not poisoned at all. What are your experiences? Is it really the final consequence to switch to "standard attack" respectively turn AI off when things become nasty?

Best

B
Old 09-01-2001, 07:22 AM   #2
Legolas the Elven Archer

I never use the scripts. They are a complete waste of spells and you can do things much more efficciently when you give all the orders by yourself.

As to the Jaheira romance, how far were you before you entered the underdark? There are two points in this romance where it may get stuck and you may need to use a program like Shadowkeeper, but it could easily be something else.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 09-01-2001, 10:08 AM   #3
Basher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!

How far was I .... well, hard to say. I brought her out of the Harper's house, when she has left the party before; you know, what she said there.
I'm not sure, if there was another sequence later, but it went never beyond a clear confession, just things like "you are .... well, let's stop this...".
Even Bodhi did not take her away (she took no one), so I guess, she was not considered as "lover" of my main char.

For the scripts: "Waste of spells" is the right term.

Best

B
Old 09-01-2001, 10:23 AM   #4
Aurum
Manshoon

Hi!
I think not so, I use the scripts, only use scripts that including magic when the requiery situation (golems, dragons, drows, etc..), there is that know when use with wise.

------------------
When The world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.