Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Given the recent return of a good few members courtesy of the MIA thread, I thought we could do with a spot for us long-time-absent members to catch up with the rest of you and find out what's been happening.

My life's been busy... final uni exams are in May (eep!) and i'm currently searching for jobs. Gah, why didn't anyone tell me that growing up entailed all this work and responsibility. I'm not impressed. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, it'd be nice to hear from you all. What's been happening?
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:35 AM   #2
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Well, finished high school, took a few courses to patch up suffering grades, spent six months working at a hospital, realized I was a decent person deep down and figured out what I wanted to do with my life, started taking some Chemistry booster courses(Currently doing this) so I can start on a Pharmacology education after the summer.

Going to submit my application around the 1st of February, fingers crossed! If I don't get in this year, I'll get on to buff my chem knowledge some more.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Got married. Still working and not online as much as I used to be, but keeping busy!

So good to see old familiar faces and find out what you've been up to.

Purple- That's really impressive that you figured out what you wanted to do and did so much work to get where you are. I wish you luck with the courses and career! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jerome! LOL, yup, work and growing up are not all they're cracked up to be sometimes, but occasionally you get a perk or two that make it feel worthwhile. I hope you find a job you like, at least!
Old 01-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

My uni studies are going well for the moment. Got a good review on my BA thesis.

Things goes well, I suppose.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

Well this depends, how much do you guys want to know about what I've done?

Got a job working in fast food at some point, then quit it two years later because it was a crummy job and I was tired of smelling like grease and getting four hours of sleep a night. Graduated high school fairly easily, then moved on to college at Emory University in Atlanta. That's where I am now, and will probably be for another three and a half years.

Also got involved in Warhammer 40k. This and my penchant for saving money are currently battling it out.
Man Who Fights Like Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Hi Nebby, Sephy, and Romey!! Gosh, you're all adults now! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] LOL this will be hard to get my head around; I tend to picture everyone as being the same as when I first met them since I can't see them. I still think of Goulum as 13 . Well anyway looks like you guys are all going pretty well! [img]graemlins/bighug.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2007, 04:01 PM   #7
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

LOL Sir G as 13. Funny I always think the same thing. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2007, 04:08 PM   #8
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Well, don't worry about it Aelia, Seph still has the brains of a 13-year-old, so your assumption is pretty safe.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

You may have some difficulty with Neb, he's regressed a little bit. If he calls you "mama" don't be too worried.
Man Who Fights Like Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

G'day Jerome, it's good to see you again mate, and glad that life has been working out well for you. I still remember the "Jerome vs Asphyxiate" battles in the BG2 forum on the blue boards back in 2000 (I think).

Personally, I'm in the final semester of my MBA here in Boston. I'm in a similar situation as you - starting to think about either finding a job or starting/buying my own business. It's been a crazy couple of years but it's been good. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote