Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2000, 03:33 PM   #1
Chef

I just have to start over. There are too may coflicts from other programs. Anyway I decided to uninstall W and W, Reintsalled... guess what all the previous information like charator data was still there!!!! uninstalled my ass. So screw it, needs to be formated anyway. And my previous post about drowning in the serpent temple remains unsolved, I tried the elf pixie and human as the lead, still coulnt get in... I had spent 3 hours trying. This game SUCKS! I dont think I will play this game til there is an editor.
Old 12-28-2000, 03:43 PM   #2
Moni

My boyfriend runs ME on his system, when he wakes up (he works 3rd shift) I'll refer him to this site for any information he may be able to help you with.
(He'll know what he is talking about, he builds systems & networks)
Sorry you aren't liking the game. I just started playing and it has rubbed me the wrong way a few times already but I am going to seriously try kick it's but if it takes til next Christmas! I'll be way disappointed if bugs end up stopping me.
Old 12-28-2000, 06:10 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

When you uninstalled the game, did you delete the folder on your harddrive that contained Wizards and Warriors. I ask, because there may have been files that did not get entirely removed when you uninstalled the game. That may be why you still have data returning from your old install. Just go and delete the WizardsWarriors folder in C:\Program Files\Activision\WizardsWarriors and that should do it.
Hope this helps.
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 04:02 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

Standard uninstalls only remove what was installed, not what was added later. So when you reinstall to the same directory, the save files will still be there. You need to delete those by hand.
(It would be nicer if the uninstall asks you whether you want to keep your save files, but that seems to be too much trouble for almost all games developers.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 06:30 AM   #5
xenotoca

several people have had probs with getting through the underwater tunnel in the temple. Swim forward and down then look up you should be through. The bugs wont stop anyone completing the game as those on their 2nd or 3rd time through will confirm. No uninstall will remove anything written after the initial install which is why you get the message that some items will have to be removed manually. If you still have the save game send it to me and I will see If i can get through.
Old 12-29-2000, 02:13 PM   #6
Gauleiter

HEY CHEF: WinME is basically Win98 with eye candy and a dash of NT code, so not much changed there. For a full format (you've got *all* install disks for Windows, yes? Also, EVERY program that you want back, 'cause format leaves absolutely nothing on the disk), start the computer in MS-DOS mode and type the command "format". After a confirmation, your disk will wipe itself completely (well, as completely as it can...) clean.