Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-02-2001, 02:41 AM   #21
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

OOC: done i think

"Sure, I'd hate to ruin your custom aris," Shadow said dryly. "Lets find a quiet place to converse."
Shadow follows to a secluded corner. "Now, what do you have to say?"
Old 11-02-2001, 02:58 AM   #22
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

You walked to a quiet place outside the Alchemy's shop. The saggy man looked you for a while, then said with a respectful tone

"Well, lookie here, I just want my spyglasses to be useable. Now, if you can fix it for me, I can give you a free Astrology reading in return. You see, you are an adnventure, things like this can come in handy, you know? trust me on that, if you call me a con, I wouldn't give a second thought, but if you call me a con-astrologist, I take that as a GREAT offense."

Old 11-02-2001, 03:03 AM   #23
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

"Very well," Shadow said. "May I see it now?"
Taking the glass, Shadow peered through it. He'd used looking glasses before, in fact he had one in his pack, but this one was a different design than they were. Looking though the glass showed only a blur of everything. Hmmmm, could be a lens was out of place, if it wasn't that then it must be some internal part that he didn't know anything about, and he'd have to have Maggie work on them, who knew when they'd be done. Shadow took a close look at the lenses, checking to see if they were set properly.
Old 11-02-2001, 03:11 AM   #24
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Checking the lense, you discovered the head piece is placed slightly off angle (sp?) it is not obvious to the impatient eyes. The head piece is removable.
Old 11-02-2001, 03:14 AM   #25
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Shadow carefully removes the headpiece, assures that the lense is fitted properly in place, and replaces it perfectly straight. He then checks it again, and it was indeed the problem, the glass now worked, and was far more powerful than his own. "Here you go Aris. It works now, check it and see."
Old 11-02-2001, 03:20 AM   #26
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The man took over the glass, and put it near his right eye.

"Wow... quite amazing, outsider... errr, I mean, gentleman, yep, gentleman" He put away the glasses, mumbled to himself pitifully "here goes one hundred pieces of silver, shame, sighhhhh"

Then he looked up to you and shrugged "Fine, I shall do an astroglogy reading for you, what have you in mind, my friend?"

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 11-02-2001).]
Old 11-02-2001, 03:32 AM   #27
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

I am about to set off on an adventure with a group of people new to me. I'd like to know anything about what I might expect or encounter on this journey, good seer.
Old 11-02-2001, 04:01 AM   #28
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Nodding comprehensively, the seer began his work.

Aris, all of a sudden, showed sincere committement. His funny thin eyebrows relaxed visibily, his eyes looked into something distance. The only thing he has in mind at that moment was the art, the art that flows in his blood. The great awareness of the power that works above the comprehsion of mortal. The great awareness that gains him insight into the pattern of constallation. The great awareness of universal knowledge, wisdom, spirituality. He looks up to the sky, and asks you silently, which way

You points to south west, not daring to break the energy flow that seem to be building around him. Even you cannot visibily sense the energy that swirls around him, you can feel the overwhelming power. It is a dance of the spirits.

Aris took another moment to watch the stars. A twist of muscle on his face disturbed you a little. The old man, seemingly in shock, said nothing. His frown goes deeper as moments gone by.

You watched south western sky, several constallations congregated together. You cannot name any of them, however, one star appeared to be unusually red... bloody red.

finally, the old man break from the spiritual dance. Energy aura fades around him, a strange sense of calmness set in you. You feel very comfortable, many things became clear in your mind. Memories of the past flash into your head.

Aris smiled at you, his mice-looking eyes became two thin lines "You will get used to it, friend. As for now..."

He looked at you with a strange expression, not saying a word

Old 11-02-2001, 04:09 AM   #29
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

shadow looks calmly back at the man, waiting to hear anything he has to say about coming events.
Old 11-02-2001, 04:35 AM   #30
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: it is stange how everyone is always 'calmly' 'under control' 'peacefully' 'stubbornly'

just a friendly reminder to everyone, your character is NOT you. what may seem inconsequential to you might be a BIG deal to your character. so act him, not you

The old man slowly shook his head, and said "I... don't know what to say"

There is silence for a moment, you asked "tell me everything"

The old man shook his head once more, his eyebrows locked together, which make them looked incredibly tiny.

"The red star over there, in the lower edge of western sky, is Myrkul, lord of bones, decay, corruption and..." he pauses for a moment, not finishing what he had in mind

"This constallation alone signifies nothing, however. Myrkul travles 720 days as one complete cycle, it hangs low in western sky, meaning incoming troubles. Expect troubles, my friend. Another pattern that particularly intrigues me is, Asmodeus appears to be next to Myrkul, now this two constallations don't come near to each other every 300 years. Whenever they do..."

He is quiet for a while

"Asmodeus, the hidden beauty, as well as..." He shook his head again and again "Be ware of deceiption, treachery comes from where you least expect it. That is all I can advice. Also, Asmodeus has three semi orbital stars, but this time, ... ... one is missing"