Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #11
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Ziroc, take my advice on the argent dawn honor grind. Do not hand in any honor marks or finish any cauldron quests until you are revered. Once you are revered, those are the ONLY way to rank up, aside from killing BOSSES, and only BOSSES in Strat/Scholo. Enjoy getting the minor +5 rep from mobs as long as you can.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #12
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Im 18800/21000 its such a fun grind. I havent worked on it in a couple weeks, got a little burnt out. I do already almost have enough of the tokens/whatever they are for the epic trinket. I'll let you know if it sucks lol.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #13
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Cross realms BG's is awesome, my rogue is now lvl 38 and I want to get him to 40 by saturday, but im afraid im going to have to stray from the BG XP grinding and do some real grinding so I can get my mount
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:04 AM   #14
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

The lag is terrible for me, utterly terrible. I mean same server pvp it seems the other guy is 4 feet in front of you but realisicly 11 feet, but when versing players from the americas it seems they're 18 yards in front of you :S Online games are a hass at times Still, beats waiting 4 hours to finish off the game in 4 minutes flat.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:11 AM   #15
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

On closer inspection and more play, I have decided there is a terrible server imbalance between the Battlegroups. Mine is an RP server grouped with a PvP, PvE and brand new PvE server. So for example, in the low-bracket Warsong games I previously played just for the fun of it I have now observed some troubling stuff since the cross-realm BG's went live.

Fistly, I have to listen to the children from the PvE and PvP servers talk trash and tell others to "stfu" everytime someone asks them to do something that would help toward an actual win (I was suddenly reminded of my first server and the reasons I left it). God, I forgot how much they like to spam in 'yell' on both sides. I always found the people in RP servers to be alot nicer and mature but I had no idea it was so bad in comparison.

Since I am on an RP realm and we are twinned with PvP realms, we face twinks basically every game. Level 29's with +15/25 agi and crusader on their swords. And then there's the NE rogues with twin fiery enchants. If I see another dirty NE rogue again it will be too soon. I PvP alot but I feel bad for the other server which is brand new (like 2 weeks old) and have to face off against these alts of players who have mains with full tier-3 sets. Most of the chars on that server would be a player's first char and so they would have terribly inferior gear. And of course if the majority on our team happen to be from a new server and the other team from any other server, it is far more likely to be a sure loss followed by some friendly GY camping and /spitting.

Beyond the gear issue there is the behavioral problem and code. Some hardcore RPers that I know are actually shying away from the battlegrounds because of all the immaturity there now. I have seen it all before, but I did end up switching to a different server a year ago as it started to get old. These non-RP realms aren't bound by our server rules and so aren't really doing anything wrong but have just been paired up with a different kind of playerbase than themselves. They need to group like servers together keeping RP with RP and so on. My head would stop hurting and my eyes squinting.

Atm, what I played for pure fun only serves to frustrate me so I stopped until something changes. The Dev's have said they do plan to switch out and balance the groups but I don't know how far they will take that and what it will mean for my favourite passtime, PvP.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #16
Glycerine_74
Dungeon Master

I did AB the last couple of nights and noticed the exact same thing. Not a big deal for me since I'm just grinding out a few ranks before the whole system gets scrapped. Most of the time it seemed like people just wanted to do their own thing and grind HKs. When we actually got a plan and people worked together, we stomped all over the Horde and won 2 in a row. I was floored; Alliance PvP sucks so bad it's almost funny. It was nice to be on the winning team though. Usually I will try to win if it looks like people are working together and we have a chance. Most of the time it’s the other way around: no communication, no plan and even if there is one half of the group doesn’t stick to it, no one defends, and then they all bitch and complain that we are getting owned. This makes me wish we were on vent so I could laugh my ass off at those losers. It seems to me that most Alliance players expect to lose before the battle even starts, some of them even stand around the entire battle doing nothing but farming honor.

The twinks don't bother me. If that's the only way they can win, so be it. I always remind myself that in WoW, as in life: The guy driving that big fancy sports car, SUV, or hummer is obviously compensating for something else that's embarrassingly tiny. Same thing in WoW, the overpowered twinks are obviously compensating for the fact that they can't PvP to save their asses. It’s all good, remember the tune from Office Space:

“But real gangsta-ass ****** dont flex nuts
Cuz real gangsta-ass ****** know they got em”

glyc
Glycerine_74 is offline   Reply With Quote