Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2003, 05:04 PM   #11
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Would you believe that twix has totally gone down in popularity here in the UK. You'll find it in newsagents and stuff but noe advertising, and they are quite rare. Why I wonder? I liked twix...
Old 09-09-2003, 05:19 PM   #12
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
dude, don't take it out on the twix. It's not the chocolate's fault that the store clerks left it sitting there longer than it's due. That's like getting angry at a dog for poopin' in it's kennel when you don't ever let it out for walkies. Man, SO don't blame the twix. Twix are our friends man. You gotta love the twix...
Yea, I have seen stores before with mass goods that were past their experition date so don't be blaming the twix man [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Twix happens to be my favorite candy bar next to Snickers, maybe next time you won't eat a white one
Old 09-09-2003, 05:24 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
Would you believe that twix has totally gone down in popularity here in the UK. You'll find it in newsagents and stuff but noe advertising, and they are quite rare. Why I wonder? I liked twix...
Maybe all the US merchants are killing sales by selling them past their date and the news is spreading? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 05:26 PM   #14
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
Maybe all the US merchants are killing sales by selling them past their date and the news is spreading? [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Good point...but I never ate a twix past its date...at least, I don't think I have...
Old 09-09-2003, 05:32 PM   #15
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

And people say bulletin boards are dying...what a load of crap while there are still quality discussions like this!

note: I do eat chocolate past its sell-by-date if I happen to have one because they usually give themselves a 500% or so error margin on things like chocolate. I.e. if they manufacture it on Oct 10th and they give it 2 months to sell it by Dec 10th then usually it will actually last for 10 months before really going bad.
However eating one that is white with mould/crap/whatever pushes the boundaries of daring far into the territory of stupidity

[ 09-09-2003, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 09-09-2003, 07:42 PM   #16
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
When I was a kid I had some pirate lego. It had these cannons that actually fired little cannonballs. You could feed the pack of scurvy mutinous dogs that you would call a crew to the sharks as well. It was great. You could rape and pillage your way across your bedroom floor. Such great power in such little hands.... hahahahahahahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh matey!
Have you seen the lego they have nowadays though? It's all special pieces and Harry Potter crap and weird facial features and you can make the object they intended and that's that. Whatever happened to just generic blocks that you could make anything out of?! They don't make it like they used to [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 07:48 PM   #17
Animal
Gold Dragon

I used to have a huge, and I mean HUGE box of lego. It wasn't any of this namby pamby lego available today, it was real man's lego. No fancy pieces, no weird shapes, just blocks.

Ah yes, the good old days when lego was lego and you had to walk to and from school in the freezing snow, uphill both ways. [img]smile.gif[/img] They don't make lego any more, they make model kits that don't require glue.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:55 PM   #18
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Indeed. So lets properly discuss the devolution of Lego and Twix.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:02 PM   #19
Animal
Gold Dragon

I don't eat chocolate so I can't provide any enlightening insights into the decay of the Twix, but Lego...to take a fun, educational toy such as Lego and twist it into some perverted version of a snap together model is sick and demented.

Don't blame video games for school shootings, blame that crap that's being passed of as Lego these days.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:44 PM   #20
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I don't eat chocolate so I can't provide any enlightening insights into the decay of the Twix, but Lego...to take a fun, educational toy such as Lego and twist it into some perverted version of a snap together model is sick and demented.

Don't blame video games for school shootings, blame that crap that's being passed of as Lego these days.
Whaddaya mean ya don't eat Chocolate?! That's like saying you don't go to the toilet!
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray