Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2001, 04:00 PM   #1
Strider132
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In my party I have, myself (ranger), minsc, jaheira, Nalia, and Valygar and i was wondering who else would be a gud addition to my party... tacticaly and character interaction wise.
p.s. i know that nalia is pretty bad as a dual class but for some reson everytime i got into the circus its still under illusion so i cant get aerie cos i kicked her out, and jans corpse is in the former shadow temple/new abode of umar... but i might pick keldorn instead....

------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
deep roots are not reached bye the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,a light from the shadows shall spring;
renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
the crownless shall again be king.
Old 07-08-2001, 03:01 AM   #2
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Well, it all depends. Do you want a "magic-strong" party, or a melee-party? If you go for magic, I'd say Edwin even though he is evil. If you want more power to the frontline, go for Keldorn. He is also one of the lucky few who can wield the "you-know-what" sword.
Tacticaly, hmmm...I can't say. You will figure out good and effective tactis wether you choose Edwin, Keldorn or even Haer'Dalis, I guess. HEY!! KEEP THOSE PIES FOR YOURSELVES!!
In the end, it is all up to you anyway. But me, I would kick Valygar and Nalia and get both Edwin and Keldorn.
And about that Haer'Dalis-thing - well, I've never had him in my party, cause he SUCKS. But then again...that's just my opinion. =)
Old 07-08-2001, 06:13 AM   #3
Strider132
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanx, i'll try keldorn and edwin then.

------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,a light from the shadows shall spring;
renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
the crownless shall again be king.
Old 07-08-2001, 06:57 AM   #4
Hanz123
The Magister

Perhaps you should leave it open. This way you won't have to kick anyone out every time you want to do a sidequest from one of the other gamecharacters. The rest of your party will level up just a bit faster to also this way!
Old 07-08-2001, 09:40 AM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Haddar - Servant of Talos:
Well, it all depends. Do you want a "magic-strong" party, or a melee-party? If you go for magic, I'd say Edwin even though he is evil. If you want more power to the frontline, go for Keldorn. He is also one of the lucky few who can wield the "you-know-what" sword.
Tacticaly, hmmm...I can't say. You will figure out good and effective tactis wether you choose Edwin, Keldorn or even Haer'Dalis, I guess. HEY!! KEEP THOSE PIES FOR YOURSELVES!!
In the end, it is all up to you anyway. But me, I would kick Valygar and Nalia and get both Edwin and Keldorn.
And about that Haer'Dalis-thing - well, I've never had him in my party, cause he SUCKS. But then again...that's just my opinion. =)
Actually, Aerie might work better. You have only one mage and one healer, it helps to have a backup on both. Aerie fits both bills, plus she can turn undead (which Jaheira can't). You already have 3 warriors, with Jaheira as a backup. This will balance the party better. Besides, Edwin creates potential conflicts (good v.s. evil), especially with Keldorn. If you want Keldorn, then lose either Minsc or Valygar for him.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 07-08-2001, 11:22 AM   #6
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Ah, I see you have your points there, Nerull. But if he gets Keldorn and Edwin instead of Nalia and Valygar, he still has one slot open for another NPC.
And as for the good vs. evil thing. I don't think it's much of a problem. You can go waaaay up in reputation without someone leaving the party. And besides, it's fun whith a little conflict in the party =) I have both Edwin and Keldorn in my current party, and no major conflicts has occured yet. (Rep. of 18)
Old 07-08-2001, 02:23 PM   #7
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Haddar - Servant of Talos:
Ah, I see you have your points there, Nerull. But if he gets Keldorn and Edwin instead of Nalia and Valygar, he still has one slot open for another NPC.
And as for the good vs. evil thing. I don't think it's much of a problem. You can go waaaay up in reputation without someone leaving the party. And besides, it's fun whith a little conflict in the party =) I have both Edwin and Keldorn in my current party, and no major conflicts has occured yet. (Rep. of 18)
Oh, I agree that replacing Valygar with Keldorn is a good idea. However, Nalia is his only thief right now; if he replaces her with Edwin, he won't have a thief at all. That's why I recommended Aerie and Nalia. Now, he could replace Nalia with Jan (he's a far better thief, and not far behind Nalia as a mage), then add Aerie as the 6th member. This would round out the party as well.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 07-08-2001, 02:46 PM   #8
Guyan Sethe
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Strider132:
thanx, i'll try keldorn and edwin then.

I don´t think you should. They don´t get along to well and will eventually start to fight. Good vs. evil, you know.

------------------
Might makes right.
Old 07-09-2001, 05:09 PM   #9
Strider132
Elite Waterdeep Guard

fight like dialog or fight like to the death like with keldorn and viconia???
Old 07-09-2001, 10:45 PM   #10
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, good vs. evil seems to be a problem with viconia and keldorn. They fought once, but I just reloaded my save cause I like my party so much. Now they seem to be in a truce

I have also never had a real problem with Edwin. Sometimes I choose an evil path, and that seems to appease him somewhat.

BUT, Korgan is a troublemaker. He was in my party for quite some time, but right before I left Athkatla for Brynnlaw he started making trouble. I'd be right in the middle of a heated battle, and the dumbass would leave the party! I tossed him for Keldorn, and have never regretted ditching the whiner.

Whoops, back to the question Yes, I'd get Edwin and Keldorn. Edwin is pretty funny, and can become IMMENSELY powerful.