Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2002, 10:22 PM   #1
Endurance
Welcomed New User

Its good fun but I wish:

That you could switch to 1st person pov, or at least pan the camera down a little more so that you could see further in front of you.

They would develop a unch of expansions for all the different campaign settings from D&D. Al Quadim, Planescape etc.

Then this game would be ULTIMATE!
Endurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 11:07 PM   #2
Aurican
Elminster

With the pan down idea I totally agree. With archers, it is really hard to get a decent shot from a distance. I am glad they,(archers) improve with experience though. Well, back to more gaming.
Aurican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 07:54 AM   #3
Madriver
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Endurance:
Its good fun but I wish:

That you could switch to 1st person pov, or at least pan the camera down a little more so that you could see further in front of you.

They would develop a unch of expansions for all the different campaign settings from D&D. Al Quadim, Planescape etc.

Then this game would be ULTIMATE!
The camera idea is a popular one, I hope it gets relased like that in an expansion.

I think having tilesets and creatures from different worlds would be nice, but hopefully we'll get more from the Forgotten Realms before they start branching out. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 01:02 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

unfortunately many of the familiar d&d campaign settings have been tossed to the wayside, for those who loved planescape they returned demons and devils to their 1st ed names (not Tanar'ri, Yugoloths or Baatezu), there is an outerplanes appendix that has much of the information needed to replicate a planescape campaign ( i think, not totally sure what it has to offer as I've only browsed through it) Ravenloft has been forced to separate itself from game worlds still supported by TSR (IE no lord Soth in sithicus, just a standard deathknight, Azalin isn't from Oerth anymore, Hazlik is no longer a Red Wizard of Thay, etc.) a Dark Sun mod would be great, but that campaign world has been dead for a long time (unfortunuate because it's my personal favorite, with Ravenloft right behind)

but with the toolset available you can recreate any d&d gameworld you desire, as long as you've got the patience to make it work.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:15 PM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well the Manual of planes doesnīt really add that much for the Planescape fans out there. Planescape would need itīs own Campaign settings as Faerun got. Manual of the planes shows the generic planes and planeworld as an example. Doesnīt add that much to the Devils, demons and Gods and angles and such.. :S The book rather deals with issues for making and playing on the planes and travel astral and things to think of and watch out for. A couple of nice new prestige classes, feats and magic.

For thoose that wants to check out ongods check the Gods and Demigods, havenīt personally so I canīt tell you what to really expect from it (except alot of the gods and their avatars etc).

Wolfgir, still counting his claws to the days until NWN gets out here...

Donīt eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 02:05 PM   #6
Madriver
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
For thoose that wants to check out ongods check the Gods and Demigods, havenīt personally so I canīt tell you what to really expect from it (except alot of the gods and their avatars etc).

Wolfgir, still counting his claws to the days until NWN gets out here...
I wouldn't buy the Deities and Demigods book if I were you, I have it and it is brief compared to the last versions book. In the new book they really have only 3 pantheons described, Greek, Norse, and Egyptian. Too little, maybe they are going to put out a book 2, but I was disappointed in this one.
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote