Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2003, 10:20 AM   #1
Sir Frank
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I Still have an open quest for the Umar Hills. The people missing quest. I destroyed the shadow master, made peace with the orges north of town. The mayor is happy as well as most town folk and my completed quest log shows most of the quests completed. Is this a bug or have I missed something? I'm playing with ToB and all current updates. The messaging boy still asks Mince to visit the village. Do I need to kill the sleeping Dragon in the ruins to clear my quest log?
Sir Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 10:38 AM   #2
Mr_Krift
Zhentarim Guard

did you kill the shadow alter ?
Old 01-21-2003, 10:44 AM   #3
Raistlin Majere
Ra

no, the dragon is optional, though i recommend killing him. as mr_krift said, you propably havent killed the shadow altar, or perhaps you left too soon and didnt get merella to speak with you. im not sure, but these are a few suggestions.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 11:02 AM   #4
Roderick
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sir Frank it may be open if you didn't talk with the the Minotaur and Ogres one final time. They give you something for your efforts. Did you do this.
Roderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 11:49 AM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I've had the same problem with different quests. I never found a way to solve them, but I really didn't care, as it didn't mean anything to the game. So I think that it is some sort of hard-to-get-rid-of bug, and not that you haven't finished the quest.

Hmm, came to think of it, perhaps one could use SK to change it? You know, open the game, go to 'Global Variables', and set the quest-string(s) to 2? Worth trying some day. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 11:14 PM   #6
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've come across this a lot. I think it tends to happen when there are a few ways to start a quest, or a few options early on that all lead to the same thing. If you take all the early options or talk to all the early people, only one of them will be struck off when you complete the quest, the rest will remain in your 'to-do- list.

a prime example of this is the haer'dalis quest. if you have aerie and she gets her message, it will often be left in your journal as unfinished unless you do the quest in exactly the right order.