Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2006, 11:58 PM   #51
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
HAHA! i mean, you shouldnt laugh at the folly of others, but it feels soooo good!

You SO have to go and move everything back to the old form!

Well, i spent over a day trying to reconcile something this week, then talked to the client about it who told me that the guy who is supposed to be training me had already done it with her! what a waste of time! ahh well, he leaves next week, and then, i am the boss!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #52
wellard
Dracolisk

So captain when you become boss does that mean you will become Generally obvious? [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Cold today in Australia, 3 coldest day in november for the last 150 years! -7c in some parts last night (its late spring down here). Queensland even had snow!!! imagine Florida getting snow in May. The Bureau of Meteorology says the last time snow or sleet was reported this late in the year was in early October 1941!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:20 PM   #53
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Damn Wellard, that is weird!

It is bloody muggy across the ditch here - and supposed to rain today, which does not bode well for the party we are having tonight. Ahh well, will be good anyway (we are emptying the liqour cabinet....so much alcohol!

And Yeah, when i am boss/ruler i will be both Generally obvious, and Obviously General.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #54
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Why do I have Model of a Modern Major General....lalala.. go through my head now?

Well, it's unseasonably warm here or has been for a few days but will go back to being cold this weekend.

Captain O.... the co-worker is an endless source of amazed amusement and irritation, depending on the situations...but she'll be gone in another month and a half.. *does little anticipatory dance* Today she came in an hour late (she doesn't use an alarm clock and over slept) and despite the fact that she's the 'copier' person for our dept and our new copier was out of toner (the first two were changed by the temp filling in on two of the days ms Late to Arrive doesn't work this season as her pre-retirement arrangement...don't even get me started on THAT! LOL). Anyway, in she comes and I tell her that someone JUST told me the copier toner is out and needs changing and I laugh and tell her I've never done it, to which she responds that she never has either in a very rude tone that implied I should still go ahead and be the one to take care of it.... I didn't.. LOL I went back to my work (which is a project dumped on me with no lead time, I might add!) and let her deal with it. She was not happy.... but I got a chuckle or two from it. I mean how on earth can you expect that someone else will do the work that is ASSIGNED to you and has been for years, just because you showed up late and didn't feel like doing it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ahh.. the office... neverending source of amusement and stressssssssssssssssssss!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:20 AM   #55
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
So captain when you become boss does that mean you will become Generally obvious? [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Cold today in Australia, 3 coldest day in november for the last 150 years! -7c in some parts last night (its late spring down here). Queensland even had snow!!! imagine Florida getting snow in May. The Bureau of Meteorology says the last time snow or sleet was reported this late in the year was in early October 1941!
here in Sweden we will get around 15-16C this weekend, and its November. :| We should have snow by now... we had snow last week and now it's gonna be like a hot summer evening. The weather is weird this year. :| But I bet it will be a very cold winter when it finally get here.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:38 AM   #56
wellard
Dracolisk

No doubt about it Bubbe that the weather around the globe is getting very strange these last few years. Record droughts and floods, record hot days.

Must be something to do with all those football fields they are making in the Amazon

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:48 PM   #57
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I've had such a crap day.

Last night I decided to start my English essay (for this morning) at 11pm. Got to 11.45pm and I got bored so I went to sleep.

Got up at 6.30. Finished my essay, got ready. Went to print it out...printer didn't work. Didn't have time to arse about with it so I went to college without it.

By dinner time I had a huge headache, so took some paracetamol(sp?). Two hours later I took some more, headache still bad.

THEN I nearly get blinded 'cause me and my mate were arsing about, he tried to grab me around my neck and accidently pushed my hand (with a pen in it) into my nose, which made a nice scratch over my eyelid and cutting the corner of my eye. So close
Old 11-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #58
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yikes... Ivellis, maybe you should stay in, wrap up in a nice blanket and avoid sharp objects, wild mates and dull papers! I hope your headache got better at least!
Old 11-18-2006, 05:12 PM   #59
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Ahh Sunday. THe day of rest. So why the hell am i at work???

We had an epic party on Friday night - the sort of party that you need to call glass repair people for the next day (a friend kicked a hole in our front door....)

WE had decided to empty our liquor cabinet cause we had like 20 1/3 full bottles - so we put them all out and everyone ripped into it. Problem was, a lot of people did the same and brought more nearly empty bottles, so the liquor cabinet is still full...

My wife and I both went nuts, and fully deserved demon hangovers, but we were both pretty sweet - i even got up at 7 am to tidy up a bit.

Ahh, good times!
Old 11-19-2006, 06:51 PM   #60
Sigmar
Unicorn

Hey everyone.

I made it to university, I'm studying law at Reading (in the UK). I'm loving it here, and the way things are goin in my life right now.

Just wanted to say hello, and thanks for helping a brother out when he was down.
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote