Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2001, 09:50 AM   #1
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

I was only wondering why my topic on Noober and Neeber was colsed? Anyone know why? I only made a topic, inteding to be humorous, and just fun, nothing else, I thought of something I thought was funny, and decided to post if thinking others would appreciat it, thats all, but it was colsed by Memnoch, I was dissapointed beacuse I only wanted to make people laugh. So this isnt also accused of spam and colsed I will also ask for help I am starting a new char, evil this time and I would lime some seggestions, and ideas on the "evil" quests and how I should do the first part of the game.
Old 10-17-2001, 09:54 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well, I would agree that that one topic might not necessarily have been VERY deserving of a closing, but it didn't have much to do with Baldur's Gate 2, did it now?
Old 10-17-2001, 10:00 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Ziroc has asked that if we want to inquire as to why a thread was closed, we should e-mail him directly, or in this case, e-mail Memnoch. That is where your question will be answered, not by making a post about it.
Old 10-17-2001, 11:25 AM   #4
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

Actually it kinda have to do with BG2, I was saying how if Noober form BG1 and Neeber form BG2 joined forces, there annoyiningness would be unstopable, and the world would be doomed. I dont think making something humors like that deserves closing, plus sense i only made 1 post on that, its not by definition spam.
Old 10-17-2001, 11:33 AM   #5
Debaser

quests for an evil party:

-->you should definitely side w/ bodhi....this will add a new evil twist to much of the game, and is one of the main "evil" decisions of the game, i believe.

-->i've never tried this myself, but try killing valygar and claiming the bounty from the guy in the government district. sure, you'll miss out on the planar shpere xp, but if you're approaching the game from a more role-playing perspective than anything else, it shouldn't matter too much.

-->kill adalon, and use her blood to make the human flesh armor by talking to the guy in trademeet.

...i personally think they should have added many more evil options to the game. maybe something cool, like forging an allegiance with firkraag, condeming garren windspears daughter in the process. or maybe even something infinitely more complex, like a different plot flow for evil characters--something like cooperating with irenicus on certain dark plans, but eventually destroying him in hell. that would have added a whole new dimension to the game.
Old 10-17-2001, 11:37 AM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Bob:
Actually it kinda have to do with BG2, I was saying how if Noober form BG1 and Neeber form BG2 joined forces, there annoyiningness would be unstopable, and the world would be doomed. I dont think making something humors like that deserves closing, plus sense i only made 1 post on that, its not by definition spam.
The amount of posts on the subject need not be more than one, any pointless post which has next to nothing to do with the forum in which it is posted is considered spam.
Old 10-17-2001, 11:44 AM   #7
Byronas

Memnoch closed your topic because you wrote stupid things!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-17-2001, 12:14 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Darth Bob, your thread was locked as it is spam by our definition. Read it again:

Quote:
Posted by Darth Bob:
This is a prophcy, one day something will happen that even thses words cannot begin to descrip .00000001% of the HORROR! This is about the day that BG1's Noober, and BG2's Neeber join forces! AAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! THE WORLD IS DOOMED!!!!!
There was no purpose to your post other than to talk nonsense. This is not a forum for you to freely post nonsense. Just because you happen to mention a couple of BG characters does not legitimize it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-17-2001).]
Old 10-17-2001, 01:39 PM   #9
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

you could of put taht on the generaL FORUM
Old 10-17-2001, 02:14 PM   #10
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

I was doing a lawfull good, but I killed Valykar and Adalon anyway, but thanks, I'll try siding with Bodhi, I wonder how that works out with the main quest and stuff.