Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-16-2001, 11:14 PM   #1
Majin Buu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well... thats exactly what that bastard leader of the Shadow bums told me in Chapter 6 when I was looking for help to take out bodhi, heck even Drizzt refused to help me, and I have a rep of 18 with a Chaotic Good alliance, the most evil and vile player in my group is Jan Janson heh.

Anyway, after some talking to the leader fella of the Shadow bums ( I forget his name) it starts to become very clear that hes turning his back on me and refusing to help. So then I threaten him, and he tells me I'm the only fool who would threaten him in his own place ( Perhaps because I'm the only fool capable of killing him and his hole guild). After that I tried to talk to him again and he wouldn't even consider it, so I decide its time to kill him.... after all he has turned his back on me, and in the end he's just a leader of a group of criminals, I'd be doing everyone a favor destroying him and his guild of scum.

So, with a big grin, I cock back my Crom faeyr and prepare crush the skull of this traitor. And with great joy I do! As expected a bunch of his goons attack, all easily torn apart.... except one....

A Named theif appears from nowhere and destroys my party! Everyone died in 1 hit, seems all his hits have a death effect. Ok, thats fine, I did just murder a big shot and get 17,000 exp for it, I should expect a big battle even at my groups level. So I load up the quick save and try again, this time I prepare for him though, I buff up, and have everyone in my party immune to death. The Named Theif appears again and we lay into him. His damage is high but no insta kills, after awhile I start to become concerned, hes taken a ton of damage. I check his health, near death... great, right? Well 60 second later of being nailed over and over with the most powerful weapons in the game, hes still alive! So I start casting death spells on him, nothing, at this point my party is becoming drained and its obvious I need to flee. Me and my party run from the docks district, badly injured.

WHAT GIVES? Has anyone been able to kill this theif? If so please offer me some advise as to how! It was a very rewarding feeling killing the Shadow Theif Guild leader,that bastard had it comming, but that damn immortal theif kinda spoiled it... he must die! Right along with all the other Shadow Theives I'd of killed if not for him. I even used a 1 time wish in attempt to kill him!

If he is simply unkillable by game design for the purpose of screwing anyone who decided they don't like being betrayed by the Shadow Theif guild leader, then I say thats a fairly lame thing for Black Isle to do. If that is the case, I'll have to find a cheat to undo this wrong, Justice must be served.

Old 10-17-2001, 12:51 AM   #2
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

LOL! Never had this happen! Did you side with Bodi? Noe matter. I have no idea how to do it legit (like I said, haven't had it happen yet) but....

SPOILER/CHEAT
cheat code- ctrl+y (you don't get hit points though.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 10-17-2001).]
Old 10-17-2001, 02:30 AM   #3
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

what did you say to drizzit when you first saw him. generally if u want his help you shouldnt say mean things like how you killed him the last time you met i kno id be reluctant to help a guy who killed me once...

------------------
Nor shadow or myst
the jester is a myth
he is absolute
beware the jester
Old 10-17-2001, 09:31 PM   #4
Majin Buu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I simply told him I haven't met him before, and I haven't... as I've never played Baldurs gate 1.I guess if I'd of said I helped him with Gnolls he'd of helped. I also had patheticly low charisma. Ah well I guess thats the price for having 3 charisma, which is fine.
Old 10-18-2001, 10:03 AM   #5
mitsos

Although I succeeded in getting help from the thieves and Drizzt, and altough I'm a paladin and have completed all the stronghold quests, the Radiant order didn't offer any help. Yet, I spoke to everyone in the building( with a rep of 20). Does anyone know why?

Old 10-18-2001, 11:24 AM   #6
Nifft the Nimble

People don't help you if your charisma is too low... why would they risk their life for someone ugly?

-- Nifft
Old 10-18-2001, 02:59 PM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Nifft the Nimble:
People don't help you if your charisma is too low... why would they risk their life for someone ugly?

-- Nifft
Wow, bg is more like RL then id would have thought