Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-18-2001, 11:05 AM   #1
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Really, thats it. I'd really like to know. They look immensely convivial, those jolly Skeleton Warriors.
Old 09-18-2001, 11:11 AM   #2
Ugaya
Manshoon

It's the Animate Dead spell. The caster must be 15th level.
Old 09-18-2001, 11:12 AM   #3
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Ugaya:
It's the Animate Dead spell. The caster must be 15th level.
15th level. That's a cleric spell, correct? And there doesn't need to be any corpses around, right. They just spring out of hte ground like monster summoning?
Old 09-18-2001, 11:29 AM   #4
Ugaya
Manshoon

It's a 3rd level cleric spell and a 5th level mage spell. And yes, it works just like monster summoning. No corpses needed. IMHO the skeleton warrior is the best summoned fighter support you can get, high magic resistance and pretty tough.

[This message has been edited by Ugaya (edited 09-18-2001).]
Old 09-18-2001, 11:35 AM   #5
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

are skeleton warrior killed by death and death fog spells?
Old 09-18-2001, 12:44 PM   #6
starloc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, unfortunately skeleton warriors are killed by death spells and death fog. I found this out the hard way. Since these guys are so valuable to my party, I usually summon crappy monsters first around the bosses who use a lot of death magic and then save the warriors for later, when they are hopefully out of death magic.

------------------
"Cry Havok, and let loose the dogs of war!"
Julius Caesar, William Shakespeare
Old 09-18-2001, 01:03 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Some Lvl 25 enemy mage: "Hohahaha! Watch as I kill your Spiders and Dire Wolves with my mighty Death Spell! What's this? OH MY GOD! YOU B**TARD! YOU TRICKED ME! ARRGGGHHHH!!!! I will get you for this, but not before I destroy your pitiful Skeleton Warrior! I shall Symbol Stun it! Er... I shall Symbol Fear it! ... *stammers* ... Disintergrate! Flesh to Stone! Power Word Kill! Magic Missile! Magic Missile again! And again! And again! AIEEEE! Stoneskin! Melf's Acid Arrow! And again! And again! AHHHH! MUMMY! *URK!*... ..."

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-18-2001, 01:04 PM   #8
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Some Lvl 25 enemy mage: "Hohahaha! Watch as I kill your Spiders and Dire Wolves with my mighty Death Spell! What's this? OH MY GOD! YOU B**TARD! YOU TRICKED ME! ARRGGGHHHH!!!! I will get you for this, but not before I destroy your pitiful Skeleton Warrior! I shall Symbol Stun it! Er... I shall Symbol Fear it! ... *stammers* ... Disintergrate! Flesh to Stone! Power Word Kill! Magic Missile! Magic Missile again! And again! And again! AIEEEE! Stoneskin! Melf's Acid Arrow! And again! And again! AHHHH! MUMMY! *URK!*... ..."

well put