Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-01-2002, 08:24 PM   #1
Jim
Quintesson

Everytime I find an item, I have to rummage through my inventory to find my rings of insight to identify it. When it's getting full, it can be a pain to find them. I know you can stick rings into the quick slots, but it only seems to equip them using the upper ring slot. Is there anyway to equip two rings using a single quick slot to equip them both simultaenously (in a similar way to placing 2 weapons into one slot to dual wield)?

I wonder if bioware could incorporate this into a future patch since I use loads of ring combinations and it would be much quicker if I could equip them with a single click. It's already been incorporated to make dual wielding and using shields faster, so it must be possible.

Ideas or opinions?
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 08:30 PM   #2
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Not that i know of, but if the only reason u want them is to identify things, put it in your quick slot right click on it and click on idendify ability then all u have to do is click on it to idenify things. At least i think thats what u mean? Sorry

P.S. Where abouts in leeds do u live?
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 08:41 PM   #3
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Obsidian the Black:
Not that i know of, but if the only reason u want them is to identify things, put it in your quick slot right click on it and click on idendify ability then all u have to do is click on it to idenify things. At least i think thats what u mean? Sorry

P.S. Where abouts in leeds do u live?
Adel, near Headingley. You're from Wakefield IIRC? I'm living there next summer with my lass [img]smile.gif[/img]

Each ring of insight gives a +5 bonus to lore rather than an innate identifying ability, so I really need to equip both along with a few other items in order to identify stuff. I can place them in separate quick bar slots but they only equip them to one of the ring slots rather that doing them alternately, and when my inventory is getting full of crap, it can be hard to find them and then re-equip the other ring combo I had on earlier. It's not really a big deal but would be faster and easier.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:01 PM   #4
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Ahh, i see what u mean now, well like i said before, i dont think it is possible. It does get anoying though.

Where abouts in wakefield r u moving 2?
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 10:14 PM   #5
DraconisRex

Okay, but there are two types of "ring of lore." One type just gives +5 points to lore. The other type gives +5 points to lore AND gives off white light in a 15' radius.

This is only speculative, so don't hang me for trying to think it through. I'm thinking that since they aren't the same type of "ring of lore," it could very work out that both would cycle through the ring slot possibilities.

To help facilitate any potential in the speculative suggestion, I would equip the rings in their projected slots. Then I would drag from the equiped ring to the hot-key bar location.

Other than that, I have no idea and have not read any idea about that issue. Good luck, and let me know if it works.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 06:07 AM   #6
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Where abouts in wakefield r u moving 2?
Not sure yet, going house hunting after christmas. Will let you know [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good thinking Draconis, that seems very logical, but unfortunately, all rings assigned to the quick slots always get assigned to the upper ring slot of the character, even if they were dragged from the lower one . You're thinking about the ring of scholars I think, which I do have, but it seems to make no difference which slot gets the ring.