Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-15-2003, 09:56 PM   #1
cav_again
Manshoon

I have protection from undead on my characters, yet it does nothing to protect us!

I cast secret word and pierce magic, yet it does nothing to remove his protections!

What's going on here? Is my game glitching or something? shouldn't I be protected from him, and/or be able to damage him?

I'm about to cheese it and use the Mase of Disruption (Where can I find it, and the items needed to upgrade it?)! Also, where can I find some decent (+1 or +2)maces early on?

thanks
cav_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 10:52 PM   #2
Kezardin
Elminster

If you do a search for posts on Kangaxx you'll get a veritable flood of info - this thread has some hints :

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...=022150#000005

+1 maces should be available at adventurers mart, the fence in Gaelan Bayle's place and several other locations. The barkeep at Mae-vars guild has +2 maces.

spoilish
mace of disruption +1 - pool of blood, Bodhi's lair, chapter 3

upgrade with illithium ore - do the temple quest about Sir Sarles, give him the *fake* ore, keep the real stuff.

[ 09-16-2003, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Kezardin ]
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:04 AM   #3
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

You might get more help from us if you told us a bit about your characters, their levels, their gear, what chapter they're in, etc...
Old 09-16-2003, 02:28 AM   #4
cav_again
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirengle:
You might get more help from us if you told us a bit about your characters, their levels, their gear, what chapter they're in, etc...
Good point!

all are createe characters.
Level 13 Cavalier w/ carsomyr current AC is -2
Level 13 Barbarian w/ dual axes (Axe from Nalia's Keep in rt hand, somethin +3 axe in left), armor class of like -3
Level 16 thief w/ Pixie prick, AC like -4
Level 14 Sorcerer w/ Staff of Magi, AC -2
Level 14 Cleric w Sling of Everand, AC like -5
Level 14 Archer w/ Heartseeker bow and AC of -2

I have the mace of disruption, and limited wish scroll (I use it to cast protection from undead on my party - useless)

and a few other neat items.

if I'm lucky and back stab him, and get him down to near death, He still puts a hurtin on my group cause of all his protections. I can often get him to his floatin skull stage, but after that, I still can't seem to kill him.

my mage has Pierce Magic, Warding Whip, and Secret word, but they're all use less.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:50 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
A few things to note( I am assuming you are not fighting Improved Kangaxx by the way).

The Demi-Lich( aka floating skull) requires +4 enchanted or better weapons in order to be hurt.

You can find an entire list of SoA weapons that fulfill this requirement from the link in my signature. There is an entire list of countermeasures to Imprisonment as well. You might want to try the actual green scroll of Protection from Undead instead of the Limited Wish variant.

Demi-Liches are immuned to all level 1-9 spells. Only spells that create +4 enchanted or better weapons will work. Examples include Melf's Minute Meteors( which are +6 enchanted).

Ring of the Ram works.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 03:14 AM   #6
cav_again
Manshoon

my apologies for the second post. But I still feel teh same.

SPell immunity, protectioin from undead, nothin. none of it works. musty be a glitch. he won't take damage with +5 weapons or nothin./
Old 09-16-2003, 04:04 AM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I've been on this forum for a long time and heard from a lot of people having trouble with Kangaxx, but you're the first person to say that their version of Kangaxx must be buggy.

LICHES:
  • Are immune to all spells in Levels 1-5, including Breach
  • Are immune to Normal weapons
  • Can see Invisible/Stealthed/Sanctuaried creatures
  • Cannot see characters under the effects of a Protection from Undead scroll, unless that protection is Dispelled (I don't know this for sure, I've never used one)
  • Can potentially be killed in 1 hit with a Weapon of Disruption
DEMI-LICHES:
  • Are immune to all spells of Levels 1-9
  • The spells gained through ToB HLAs are exempt from the above rule (The new Wizard spells count as Level 10, and the new Priest spells are "Quest" spells)
  • Are immune to all weapons of less than +4 enchantment
  • Have the same powers of sight as regular Liches
  • Spit out ranged Imprisonments like machine-guns
  • Some Demiliches can be instakilled with Disruption weapons, but not all
If you say Spell Immunity doesn't work, you probably chose the wrong Spell-school or accidentally disrupted your own spell.

If you say that he's immune to +5 weapons, he's probably under Protection from Magical Weapons, which you'll just have to wait out.

I can't speak for the Protection from Undead.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:35 AM   #8
cav_again
Manshoon

Two Questions:

How, in the name of all things sacred, do i bring down his protections when he's in his normal form?

and two, how do I keep my Player character from getting Imprisioned? He's a Cavalier, and I've got nothing to protect him!

?????
Old 09-16-2003, 04:43 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by cav_again:
Two Questions:

How, in the name of all things sacred, do i bring down his protections when he's in his normal form?
Any counterspell that is level 6 and above. I can think of 4 straight off the bat. Go through your Mage's spellbook and see what you have. Don't bother with your Priests in this aspect. Unless they can cast Creeping Doom or something.

Sunray( level 7 Cleric spell) is another way of frying his normal Lich form.

Quote:
and two, how do I keep my Player character from getting Imprisioned? He's a Cavalier, and I've got nothing to protect him!

?????
Have you read the website yet?
Old 09-16-2003, 04:46 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

ADD] One common mistake made by players when using Spell Immunity is that they fail to wait for the casting to be finish after selecting the school of magic that they want to be protected against.

Only AFTER selecting the school, will the caster then begin to cast the spell.