Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-28-2000, 11:33 AM   #1
Sir Yad

Okay, as someone who played Icewind Dale first, and have been playing Baldur's Gate I recently, I have had a hard time getting use to the fact that Baldur's Gate unpauses when you go to the inventory screen. Does BG2 unpause when you switch to the inv. screen as well? If so, is there any way to override this so that the game will remain paused in the inv. screen?

Another thing that bugged me about BG1 is that after you attack a group of monsters with a large area spell, you can't highlight the monsters and tell how much damage he took. If there are 6 enemys and 2 are almost dead, I would like to know which two. Is this issue addressed in BG2? I sure hope so. BG1 has too many little things that were refined and fixed in IWD. It's hard to play IWD first, then go back to BG1. Just too frustrating. But the reviews for BG2 make it sound great. Gonna get it soon. Just wanna know it they fixed all the things about the original that bug me so much.

P.S. - Do you still only get 8 hit points back when ya rest? That has to be the thing that bugs me the most. It's a great RGP, just has a few probs.

Old 10-28-2000, 01:48 PM   #2
Glorick the Half-Orc

Well, the pausing thing is still a prob, but the other things are fixed. You will notice that for Clerics they don't have the 2nd level heal spell that IWD had - a nice spell.

They have made soem improvements on IWD - the clerics automatically cast healing spells which controls how long u need to rest to heal. They have gem bags and scroll cases. And you can play in 800X600. Also, it is less buggy than IWD and a lot more plot.