Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2002, 01:00 PM   #1
Charean
Hathor

Two guys (we'll call them "Mark" and "Al") are out cruising. Mark is driving, and they're on some out-of-the way roads. Mark is distracted and doesn't see a stop-sign and a few moments after he runs it, they hear a siren and see blue lights. Mark has never been stopped by the police before, and gets really nervous.

MARK: OhnowhatdidIdo? I wasn't speeding, was I? No, I wasn't speeding. What'd I do what'd I do?

He pulls over, shaking like a leaf. The cop pulls in behind and walks up to his window.

COP: You realize you ran a stop sign back there?

MARK: [panicy] No, honest! I didn't see it! I didn't *mean* to run it! I just didn't see it! Really!

COP: I'll need to see your driver's license.

Mark pats his pants for a few seconds before remembering that he's wearing shorts with no pockets. He looks around the car, finds his wallet, opens it up, and starts frantically throwing things out of it into the back seat. No license. He enlists Al's help, and together they search the glove compartment, under the seats, behind the cushions, front and back, to no avail.

After about five minutes of searching, Al looks up and catches the officer's eye.

AL: You don't need to see his identification.

COP: [without missing a beat] I don't need to see his identification.

AL: These aren't the droids you're looking for.

COP: These aren't the droids we're looking for.

AL: He may go on about his business.

COP: You may go on about your business.

AL: Move along.

COP: Move along.

At this point the cop turns around, walks back to his car, gets in, and drives away.

Mark pulls out and makes it about 200 yards down the road. Then he stops and just shakes for a few minutes, finally asking Al to drive.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:19 PM   #2
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

Emm, i don't get it. Can all people called Al do that? i hope so.

You will all send me money.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:57 PM   #3
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

We Will All Send You Money...

Hm, I Sense A Starwars Link, But No Humour... Must Be Over My Head... Sorry. Plz Elaborate!!
Old 04-26-2002, 03:15 PM   #4
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh, Al must have received his training from Master Yoda or Obi Wan. .
Old 04-26-2002, 03:48 PM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

O-o??? Droids? eh? Droids can't do mind controll they lack psionic abilities, only Well trained Orga' can do that.., -_- unless
there was a way to produce a Psyche Chip that ran NOT only in Navi but in Droid. And if that chip was existant... then much hurting and controll would be made on Orga by Mecha leading to Mecha having power to evoulve... Such bad power is not so good a thing... We lose need for proper english soon people false reality become machinelike mnlspwr2sp33k n0®mal långuage soon L33T \/\/øülD ß çø/\/\3 †/-/é ó/\/7¥ 74/\/Güågë /\/ø\/\//\/... å/\/I) †/-/é/\/ 10010101001010100 100101010100101010 1101010100111011011.... then there would be 2...

and then all of life would do one of two things: 1: Begin again, machine turned Biological... OR 2: End...

[img]tongue.gif[/img] hence there is no way which Mecha can gain MIND controlling power over ORGA. Orga brain is too evoulved, too developed, a CHICKEN can out-think our best computer you know...
Old 04-26-2002, 04:37 PM   #6
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
, a CHICKEN can out-think our best computer you know...
Possible Small Print:

A) During A Powercut
B)While Not Plugged In
C)*Applemacs Only
D)School Computers
E)School Applemacs
Old 04-26-2002, 06:48 PM   #7
Charean
Hathor

It was a Star Wars IV reference... the older folks got it, I am sure
Old 04-26-2002, 11:51 PM   #8
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

computers dont think
and neither do chickens

computers are programs
and chickens just react to instinct and carnal desire
Old 04-27-2002, 08:55 AM   #9
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Hi Gabriele's blades

ok ok so the Chicken was a bad example, the pointgrying to make was that Mecha (Droids) could not mind-controll Orga... If they could we'd all either Already be controleld or we'd be dead...