Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-29-2001, 02:07 PM   #1
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

Two in particular, one is for my mage I tried the 'ray of emfeeblement' which I tested on my guys and it works, but doesn't seem to work on enemy fighters after the computer has told me that my subject has been enfeebled. Second, is that vampires seem to be able to dectect my thief while he is in shadows with the cloak of non detection on, anyone know why? Just curious is all.

------------------
To quote the pestering peasant, Neeber, of tradesmeet: "I killed a rabid rabbit! I'm experienced, now!"

[This message has been edited by IrishHound (edited 08-29-2001).]
Old 08-29-2001, 04:19 PM   #2
Drawde1
The Magister

I noticed that ray of enfeeblement quirk too. Basically non-party characters don't have an "encumbrance check" so even if their STR goes down to 3 and they're carrying a two-handed sword and full plate armour, they won't be encumbered and immobilised. However the spell will affect their STR-based THAC0 and damage bonus. I think that characters get a significant penalty to hit and damage if they have a very low STR. This makes the spell quite good against giants, trolls, umberhulks and similar creatures with a very high strength, since it drastically reduces the damage they do to you.

As for vampires seeing invisible characters - a number of enemy types, including vampires, demons, and, strangely, kuo-toa - can see straight through invisibility or stealth, even if you have Non-Detection. The only way to safely scout the area when they're around is to use a Wizard Eye.
Old 08-29-2001, 06:22 PM   #3
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

Thanks, Drawde1, I thought it would be fun to see fighters encumbered as your tanks bash/slash them, but, oh well. Someone should have told the programers about that bug.

Yeah, I was just curious about the vamps and the few other creatures you mentioned, kinda sucks given the purpose of that cloak.

------------------
To quote the pestering peasant, Neeber, of tradesmeet: "I killed a rabid rabbit! I'm experienced, now!"
Old 08-30-2001, 01:34 AM   #4
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

hmm, i never noticed being discovered while stealth+nondetect around vampires, ever, barring the true-sight casting tanova.