Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2001, 10:16 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The question that is on my, and I am sure all other Ironworks posters' minds (as soon as they read this post) is: will Perin Light-Eyes be able to solo through ToB?? Can he prevail against one of the mightiest of tanar'ri princes? Does Perin Light-Eyes have what it takes?? Or, does Perin Light-Eyes tire of mortal life so much that he seeks to end it in the hands of this great Abyssal Lord? Bit hard with just an Archer.

I await the Dawg's Word on this matter...

PS. The identity of this powerful demon prince will be revealed below, so don't scroll down if you don't want to know. It's a pretty big spoiler but the information *IS* available on the Interplay website, so it's not like it's a big secret or anything.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-28-2001).]
Old 05-28-2001, 10:20 AM   #2
Gwayne
Zhentarim Guard

I'm no RudeDawg but if Perin gets in my way he shall perish with
the rest Bwahaaaahahaaha !

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.
Old 05-28-2001, 10:28 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well, well... tsktsk... i dont think so.. he has to have someone... at least a bait..

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 05-28-2001, 11:41 AM   #4
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

<---- Closest smiley we have to an Archer.

I'm shocked that anyone else even thought about my character & I when reading that thread...

Actually, I've been thinking about this, and to tell you the truth, I'm not worried.

For those who haven't been to the BG2 forum:
"Lemme 'splain. No, ees too much, lemme sum up." (I love that movie)

I am a solist. I will usually play games at least twice, once with a full party, to enjoy the NPC interactions, then as a SOLO character, to play out my PnP days. Even in a group, Perin usually plays away from the party, acting as a scout, if you will. I always roleplay him as a loner. (When I finish Chap 2 of The Forging, you will know why) It adds a whole new challenge.

Memnoch JUST posted the stats on THE Demon Lord, The DEMOGORGON, which will be a major opponent in TOB. And somehow, Perin & I got pulled into the speculation.

I have a bad habit, you see. Often, I am able to get my character out of situations by using the Archer's Stealth ability. But I tend to think, "Why not?" and take on all comers. I was exiting the UnderDark when I thought, "When will I get another chance at a city full of Drows?" It took awhile, but then I was walking around the city alone, I drank in their tavern, slept in their beds, and turned out the lights when I left.

When reading Memnoch's thread, my first thought echoed Bruce the Aussie's, "RUN AWAY!!!"

But, all through Cloudy's "Officially Official" party, I kept thinking, "Why not? What a fight that will be..."

I am reminded of a post on the Black Isle site when BGII was still in production. (I had already pre-ordered) One of the designers stated that there would be NO WAY anyone could solo the game. I imagined Perin, just then:

Perin sat in the small cave, leaning agains the stone wall. As the fire glowed, highlightning the scars on his face, the storm outside roared, alive and angry. He tied the arrow's fletching to the shaft, and sighted down the length of the mystical arrow. He placed the completed arrow in the pile next to him, and began the rites to imbue the next one.

The sharpening stone across the cave still glistened with oil, and his swords gleamed.

That day Perin had heard a god's thought, telling him he could never complete his task.

Perin's smile was feral as he continued to work, remembering the many dead who had told him he could never survive.

When the wolves in the nearby caves began to sing, Perin threw back his head, and howled.

"Let them come." He thought, "Let them ALL come."

Memnoch. Let him come. Let them all come. Perin is waiting, and they've never faced another like him.

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 05-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 05-28-2001).]
Old 05-28-2001, 12:02 PM   #5
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

PostScript.

Perin is NOT sitting on his heels, waiting for the new release.

Perin LightEyes crossed the Great Sea, to the Gael Serran (W&W) where he is presently in the bowels of a ruined castle, fighting a demon lord for the soul of a hero...

"Let them come. Let them ALL come." <------ I'm thinking of adding that to my sig... sounds too tough

OT-
I used to have a great soundset for BG, and i had a great voice saying "Come Get Some" for his battle cry....

If anyone knows where I can find a good soundset collection, FOR BG2 (they have more sounds than the old BG ones), please let me know !!!

------------------

The RudeDawg
Old 05-28-2001, 12:22 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
Memnoch. Let him come. Let them all come. Perin is waiting, and they've never faced another like him.

Amen! Tha's the spirit.

I'm just a bit worried that poor Perin might meet meet his match and end up flayed alive, dismembered, with his soul ripped from his shattered mortal coil and dragged to the deepest pits of the Abyss to be tormented for a thousand years in the dungeons of the Shattered Keep, that's all. Wouldn't want that to happen, it doesn't sound pleasant.

------------------
Old 05-28-2001, 12:32 PM   #7
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Amen! Tha's the spirit.

I'm just a bit worried that poor Perin might meet meet his match and end up flayed alive, dismembered, with his soul ripped from his shattered mortal coil and dragged to the deepest pits of the Abyss to be tormented for a thousand years in the dungeons of the Shattered Keep, that's all. Wouldn't want that to happen, it doesn't sound pleasant.

nope, doesn't sound pleasant at all...

Memns, would you beleive that I've been thinking about it all night? I saved and quit W&W twice, just to check the stats again, and pull stuff from my old books. I'm checking 2ed stats, looking for weaknesses. I also am trying to figure out how far I can levelup before I meet him.

And, I dreamt. Last night. I was Perin.

In a tight, twisted corridor I walked, led by the smell. I could hear the roar of evil in my head, and then I came into the open cavern. His twin visage stared at me, and his tentacles quivered in delight. His gaze met mine, and I could feel my body stiffen.

On their own, my arms moved, loosening an arrow towards the beast. There was no effect, but it served to break the creatures gaze, and I was able to duck behind the doorway.

I woke up, and realized that Perin is in trouble. And, so, I am starting a thread on the BG2 forum about strategy speculation for the beast. I thnk everyone will get into it.

But, I'm not running.

"Let him come. Let them ALL come."

------------------

The RudeDawg
Old 05-28-2001, 12:37 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You're an inspiration mate! I'm not so confident with soloing one of my incarnations, Memsypie the Jester. Somehow I don't think it would be a funny experience. Maybe Memnoch the Swashbuckler mage would have more luck.

I'm just really, really, REALLY concerned for Perin's health and wellbeing. I wouldn't want anything - BAD - to happen to him, you know what I mean?

PS. You're welcome to open that thread - just put spoiler in the title and call it "Tanarri prince strategy for ToB" or something.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-28-2001).]