Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-27-2003, 07:59 AM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

I have my srenght raised with draw upon holy might with two points but the strange thing is that my thac0 goes up!
it goes from 0/-1 to 5/4

what is the cause for this?
Old 11-27-2003, 09:46 AM   #2
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm not 100% sure but is it possible that draw upon holy might raises your dexterity too ? I know it raises con aswell as strenght but i'm not to sure about dex.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:35 AM   #3
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
I'm not 100% sure but is it possible that draw upon holy might raises your dexterity too ? I know it raises con aswell as strenght but i'm not to sure about dex.
It raises Contitution, Strength, and Dexterity by 1 point per 3 levels of the caster, up to level 20 (well, 18 since it's by threes here). So you can raise it by 6 points each at max, which is quite a lot. My ToB Sorceror gets 25 strength and 24 dexterity from casting it...not like it's much use to him anyways

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 09:23 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrion:
I have my srenght raised with draw upon holy might with two points but the strange thing is that my thac0 goes up!
it goes from 0/-1 to 5/4
That's.....bizarre. Give us details. Your stats, weapons, if you're using any STR boosting items, any other spells in effect, etc.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 08:08 AM   #5
Tyrion
Quintesson

i have a belt of hill gigant strenght, but the stats show the modified version from DOHM
Old 12-02-2003, 04:12 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Remove all equipment and spells, check your THAC0, cast DuHM, and check your THAC0 again. Then put your gear back on, one piece at a time, and find out what precisely causes the THAC0 loss. A STR girdle and DuHM should be cumulative, no matter in which order they were applied.