Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2002, 11:04 AM   #71
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Madman, they havent started showing it yet. That wont start until next week.

Ozzy did a LOT of drugs. What really got to him was the fact that he was drinking 5 quarts of Vodka a day. He got so drunk once he lost his sight temporarily from what I hear. Tried to strangle his wife. HE was messed up on drugs for sure but even he will tell you that what really got him was alcohol. Huge amounts of Vodka or gin nearly killed him.

The guy has a talent for finding great guitar players though
Old 07-10-2002, 11:08 AM   #72
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Johnny, I have heard for years that it was legal there anyway. I had a friend who went there a few times. He loved being able to walk into a shop and buy a plate of blonde Lebonese. Or are there different laws concerning hashish?
Old 07-10-2002, 11:21 AM   #73
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
What obviously makes the most sense is for the state to act as sole supplier and regulator,
It could make sure that all drugs are pure and it could provide correct conditions and tuition for their Sensible usage.
And once it has centralised all narcotics under it’s mandate, it can then force all unsanctioned dealers etc out of the market by using its monopoly powers.
Because, You cannot stop people from using them, so it makes more sense to at least try and make it as safe as possible.

Im not saying you are wrong, but could you please show me the evidence of what you say here is true? Studies? Examples of where it has been tried and is working successfully? I like to see source documentation on occasion [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2002, 11:30 AM   #74
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Johnny, I have heard for years that it was legal there anyway. I had a friend who went there a few times. He loved being able to walk into a shop and buy a plate of blonde Lebonese. Or are there different laws concerning hashish?
As far as i know, only weed is on prescription, but anything else is legalized more or less and can be bought in every coffeeshop you run in to. And there are a LOT of different hashies out there, from Lebanon, Afghanistan, Morocco, etc.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:43 PM   #75
Chewbacca
Zartan

Take the ganja out of reggea and whiskey outa the blues, and you not only disrespect the artist but, their culture as well. Its so easy to judge that which you dont know, which makes an incorrect judgement the most likely.

*on a soapbox*
For me smoking ganja is a way of life. If its not your way of life then you have no right to judge me. If it was your way of life and you gave it up, dont assume that everyone else is like you. I know hundreds if not thousands of pot smokers in the US. We are every where and some of us wont let everyone else trample on our dignity and our humanity because the US goverment made a mistake in 1937. We shall over-come.
*Off the soapbox*
Old 07-10-2002, 09:40 PM   #76
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
i blame it all on cRAP music. they glorify EVERYTHING bad. as much as i like him, Eminem IS a bad influence for children, but then again, so is EVERY other cRAPPER out there. down with rap, and the drugs will follow, heh. (as will alot of violence, and RIDICULEOUS(sp) styles of dress)
im sorry i listen to eminem and he doesnt talk about doin drugs and pimpin his bitches. he usually sings about his family hardships and whatnot. not all rap is bad. youre just used to the urban vullshit rap thats out there. try listening to some underground stuff.

as far as drugs go i think drugs are for those out there with a weak mind,will and body. artists who find that they need to get worked up in another state of mind was really never an artist to begin with. if that statement is false then we could all be doped up idiots writing hullucinations onto paper. an athlete that has to use performance enhancers is not willing to accept that he can do the job thats required of him. if thats the case work harder at it. being able to accomplish something is a state of mind. if you believe you have the ability to do it you are more than able to do it.

as far as doing drugs in general is concerned. your worried that children here on IW might get ideas from reading this....im more worried about the children who have to live with parents that do that.
i am 22 years old i have a wife and a 2 year old daughter. my wife smoked cigarettes and i enjoyed drinking. when the question of having a kid came up i felt that we needed to both quit our bad habits and grow up.

my wife quit smoking and i quit drinking. we decided that it was a step in going in a straight direction that wont influence our kid anymore than the world already does.hopefully by our example our kid(s) wont turn out to be a little drug addicts throwing their lifes away.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:34 AM   #77
lroyo

Just wanted to say that I think it's great that you and your wife gave up smoking and drinking in the best interests of your child.

I see so many parents smoking a pack a day with the children around, and frankly, I think it's highly irresponsible. Not only are the kids more likely to take up smoking, but they are basically smoking from a very early stage of life.

Old 07-11-2002, 08:43 AM   #78
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

I really beleive that alcohol is a far greater problem than most illegal drug abuse because it is so accessible. where i live my region in scotland has the largest numbe of hospitalized under 16s in the uk its nuts
Old 07-11-2002, 08:50 AM   #79
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
I really beleive that alcohol is a far greater problem than most illegal drug abuse because it is so accessible. where i live my region in scotland has the largest numbe of hospitalized under 16s in the uk its nuts
I wouldn't call alcohol a problem !
Old 07-11-2002, 09:38 AM   #80
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

scientific studies have shown that alcohol is FAR more dangerous than Marijauna. Smoking excess pot wont make you go blind or even ge scirosis of the liver. Alcohol can do both.

Test have show that pot will not effect a human fetus. A pregnant female can smoke 90 joints of Delta 9 per day for 6 months and there are no effects on the fetus. Drinking 90 shots of liquor a day for 6 months by a pregnant female will not only likely kill the female but the unborn baby as well.

UTHSC-Dallas, medical school library.