Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-17-2001, 02:50 AM   #1
chinese noodle
Manshoon

does anyone else think that you should be able to combine these two classes, coz i really want to make a stalker/mage...
Old 11-17-2001, 03:01 AM   #2
Kaleban
Manshoon

The use of Wizardly magic cannot really be combined with the Ranger/Druid, as it goes against the natural order.

I suppose Elves could do this, as magic is part of their nature, but since you can't multiclass sub-classes in AD&D rules, this ain't happening...

Of course, it is very easy to use Shadowkeeper to do this dual or multiclass, but combining an Archer with a Mage could be a bit overpowered...
Old 11-17-2001, 03:06 PM   #3
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

yea, it would be cool. i think it allows it in Neverwinter nights!
Old 11-17-2001, 03:21 PM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

That would be fun! Who needs the Bard, we have a character that has better magic, better fighting skills and priest spells, at the cost of only a little bit of thieving skills and a harp [img]smile.gif[/img]

Talk about a powerful all-round character

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 11-17-2001, 03:34 PM   #5
Kaleban
Manshoon

I don't think the correct term is "fun", I think you meant to say perhaps "over-powered" or maybe munchkin...
Old 11-17-2001, 03:37 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The powerful combination ever would be a Sorcerer/Cleric/Psionic, three types of power, Sorcerer for offense and defense, Cleric for healing and by using the correct metapsionic science you would be able to use your psionics while casting either cleric or mage spells at the same time, also, for being a sorcerer, you would be allowed to use mage robes and scrolls, cleric skills would include wielding maces and warhammers as well as using clerical scrolls, imagine then, if you used your psionic skills to create an Empowered warhammer or mace(Capable of speaking, thinking and using psionics.), you would then be able to, in one round, cast either clerical magic or a sorcerer spell, also, two times psionics, once from you and once from your item, imagine the power and carnage.......
Old 11-17-2001, 04:58 PM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Kaleban:
I don't think the correct term is "fun", I think you meant to say perhaps "over-powered" or maybe munchkin...

Really? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2001, 05:19 PM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I think a ranger-assasin would be cool. That way, he could lay traps and poison his weapons.
Old 11-17-2001, 08:02 PM   #9
chinese noodle
Manshoon

some people think it would be overpowerd, not really, theres the slow advancement, no armour for the mage side of things, and you could remove the automatic two points in two weaponstyle that theranger gets
Old 11-18-2001, 09:56 AM   #10
Lifetime
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
The powerful combination ever would be a Sorcerer/Cleric/Psionic, three types of power, Sorcerer for offense and defense, Cleric for healing and by using the correct metapsionic science you would be able to use your psionics while casting either cleric or mage spells at the same time, also, for being a sorcerer, you would be allowed to use mage robes and scrolls, cleric skills would include wielding maces and warhammers as well as using clerical scrolls, imagine then, if you used your psionic skills to create an Empowered warhammer or mace(Capable of speaking, thinking and using psionics.), you would then be able to, in one round, cast either clerical magic or a sorcerer spell, also, two times psionics, once from you and once from your item, imagine the power and carnage.......

Why didnt I think of that? Brilliant! I shall go try