Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2003, 05:44 PM   #1
D*Ranged

Here's the plan:

I just made a cleric/mage multiclass (Got sick of the bard) then made a LN C/M.

I plan to have 2 tanks, 1 who can take cleric/mage position and one thief. And in stupedity or impetuousness i dualled Imoen to conjuror (silly me [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] ).

I plan to have Ajantis, Khalid, Me and Safana. Your opinions? What are pros and Cons?
Old 03-28-2003, 08:34 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Ajantis works well as a main Tank, if you don't mind his voice. (I certainly do.....)

Instead of Safana, I would use Montaron (somebody with a Fighter component is SO much more useful, especially in the earlier stages of the game), and then grab Coran as soon as possible.

Khalid's all right if you like Khalid, but Kagain, Minsc, and Montaron would probably all be better.

Try experimenting with different combinations; I, for example, have never had Ajantis and Montaron in the same party, I have no idea what they'd say to each other.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:36 PM   #3
D*Ranged

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Ajantis works well as a main Tank, if you don't mind his voice. (I certainly do.....)

Instead of Safana, I would use Montaron (somebody with a Fighter component is SO much more useful, especially in the earlier stages of the game), and then grab Coran as soon as possible.

Khalid's all right if you like Khalid, but Kagain, Minsc, and Montaron would probably all be better.

Try experimenting with different combinations; I, for example, have never had Ajantis and Montaron in the same party, I have no idea what they'd say to each other.
I take Ajantis as a NECESSITY, not really because I like him.

I would rather skip Coran, he has CRAP find traps. I could try to get him early but no. I'm a slowpoke.
At least when u get Safana at lvl 4, she still has salvageable thief skills. Or should I stick to Monty. Then I fear I might need to remove Ajantis, he won't like an evil *******.
Old 03-29-2003, 03:40 AM   #4
Midget Gems

Always been a fan of Cleric/Mage, the two classes go together nicely.
However I have NEVER been a fan of Safana, surely you can find a better thief.
Six has made some good recomendations, but don't overlook Shar-Teel, she makes a really good thief in a small party. A party of four is a nice balance, Midget Gems Jnr just finished for the first time with a party of four (no magic users).
Go for it and may the force be with you.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:46 AM   #5
D*Ranged

lol. Had to start again.

I chose NOT to have Immy dualled, took Ajantis as a "figurehead" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] and Kivan as a "shock trooper" (He will get the tome of CON, methinks [img]smile.gif[/img] ). I still have soft spot for Saffy though... [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]