Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2001, 04:57 PM   #1
Grendel
Welcomed New User

i stole a bunch of junk from cromwell's shop, and now whenever i enter the room he calls the popo on me. i've tried sneaking up to him to surprise initiate dialog with him, but if i forge an item, the same situation occurs. i was wondering if anyone out there knew of a code (CLUAConsole:CreateCreature"?")to conjure another, friendlier, cromwell so i can continue forging whatever other items there are. i know i can just create the items using the item cheat, but i'd rather not if at all possible.
spaciba
Old 10-16-2001, 07:09 PM   #2
Debaser

Welcome to the board...

I'm not sure that if you could even conjure up another Cromwell w/ the CLUA console and be able to speak to him like the othe Cromwell. especially if the hostile one is still around.

If you don't have a save before the point you tried robbing him, then you may be out of luck.
Old 10-16-2001, 10:15 PM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
It's interesting that you consider creating a new friendly Cromwell after you foolishly ruined the original not cheating, but creating the items even if you have all the parts is. How is that?

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

"No on has escaped love altogether, and no one ever will, as long as beauty exists and the eyes can see"
--Longus--
Old 10-16-2001, 10:41 PM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

Welcome to the board, Grendel!

I completly agree with Dabaser, it is unlikely that summoning a new Cromwell will help you. It'd be better to load previous save or, if you haven't one, live without upgraded items (evil actions should be punished, you know).

Aelia Jusa, creating a new Cromwell involves only one cheat, whilst creating items involves many of them - one cheat per one item - may be this is the point It's much easier to have Cromwell ready to help you than to search for the items's code and type "CreateItem" each time you want to get something upgraded.

------------------
Tanda,
Assassin
White Dragoness of The Dragoons Of The Wind
Old 10-16-2001, 11:16 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Tananda:

Aelia Jusa, creating a new Cromwell involves only one cheat, whilst creating items involves many of them - one cheat per one item - may be this is the point It's much easier to have Cromwell ready to help you than to search for the items's code and type "CreateItem" each time you want to get something upgraded.

Well I disagree. Say you lost a bit of the vorpal sword, and couldn't make it. So you cheat it in. But if you hadn't ostracised Cromwell, you still could have made it legally. But now say you make Cromwell hostile. So you can't make any items. You've basically screwed up any chance of getting the items legally, despite having all the bits. Surely it's just a big a cheat to try and get around the fact that you were shortsighted enough to get Cromwell offside by making a new Cromwell, than just cheating the items themselves. Easier, yes, less cheating, no.

Btw Grendel, no offense And welcome

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

"No on has escaped love altogether, and no one ever will, as long as beauty exists and the eyes can see"
--Longus--
Old 10-17-2001, 11:50 AM   #6
Byronas

Welcome to the board Grendel!

There's no cheat to summon Cromwell.
Sorry.

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-17-2001, 12:04 PM   #7
MrO
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If it is an ethical escape you seek, you can always just say "well, I know I screwed up, and if I had 2 weeks of time I'd go back and replay from that point" and if you mean it, well then I can forgive you. From there just get the items you need legally, figure out what he would charge to forge for you, and then place all the items and the correct amount of gold (I think you can do this) in a box outside Cromwell's shop. Use the cheat code and there you go. You still did the work to put the items together, you just couldn't actually get Cromwell to forge them. It's not as satisfying as saying "I never had to use a cheat code" but it's one up on just making them out of the blue.

Just my $0.02
Mr. O

------------------
+ + + + + + + + + + + + +
Fav NPC: Minsc
Fav Character: Sorcerer