Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-20-2004, 02:57 PM   #31
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

oooow so thats where you had been hiding last couple of days

noticed anything of the huge national greek celebrations that appearently plagued the land after their flawless victory over Portugal?
Old 07-20-2004, 02:59 PM   #32
Melusine
Dracolisk

Thank you Illumina [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
It *was* amazing! I wish everyone I know could have done it, I had such a good time. [img]smile.gif[/img] I did buy souvenirs for my friends of course but I couldn't stretch my budget to include everyone on IWs

Edit:
Chaotje! Sadly, no - I was hoping for free rounds of ouzo. But the couple in the apartment next door was there during the week of the Euro finals and they said it was pretty quiet actually - some fireworks, a couple of cars honking, cheering and music for several hours and that was pretty much it!

[ 07-20-2004, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 07-20-2004, 03:03 PM   #33
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I am very jealous at the moment glad you had fun though [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2004, 03:03 PM   #34
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

well i guess the mayority of the celebrations took place in larger cities like athens [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2004, 03:31 PM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, that was the idyllic sand and sea vacation, Sarah! LOL, well, sans the monstrosities and 18 year old cassanova! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I'd be happy with a week like that! Two...whoa.. that's a great vacation, for sure!
Old 07-20-2004, 04:06 PM   #36
Aerich
Lord Ao

Welcome back, Mel, glad you had a good time. From the sounds of it, you had good weather, good company, and just enough funny encounters to keep it from being boring.

I look forward to seeing the pics.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:16 PM   #37
quietman1920

Welcome Back!!!! Glad that you had some Fun adventures, Really Glad you brought & used the sunblock. There is no pain quite like the pain of a sunburn...
Old 07-20-2004, 11:46 PM   #38
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Dude, totally awesome to hear you had such a great time! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] So, batteries all recharged then huh? Or could you be up for another two weeks?
Old 07-20-2004, 11:59 PM   #39
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
LOL, at the 18-year-old! Sounds like one of our crew, huh, Ilander? Anyways, great to hear you had a good time, my turns coming up soon. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I would bet she's ready for another two weeks, Hiero!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:58 AM   #40
Melusine
Dracolisk

Oh definitely [img]smile.gif[/img] But I didn't really mind going home either, LOL. Especially since the sunburn on my feet/lower legs meant I couldn't go to the beach for the last day. You're right quietman, it does hurt a lot and I felt so stupid to have it happen to me even with all the precautions I took! I slathered aloe vera gel over them for several days and they're OK now, thankfully. But a dermatologist would have had nightmares from seeing the other people on the main beach - some of them were horribly burnt or tanned so deeply their skin looked like leather! Ewww.

Doh! On another note, I just realised.... If you look at the pic I posted on page one, then in the background you can see the village Agia Pelagia with the main beach, then in the foreground are the rocks leading down and around the corner to where the little bay was I was talking about. Just some visual support for my earlier post. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I completely forgot to relate the obligatory holiday-blooper-story.....
Right then. On one of the nights around halfway during the vacation, it was so immensely hot outside that Anouhk (my friend) and I could not get to sleep. So around 1 o'clock we decided to go and sit outside the apartment for a while. Of course the inevitable happened and Anouhk slammed the door behind us with the key in the lock on the inside.... DOH! We tried forcing the door and the window shutters but to no avail. The neighbours heard us and tried lending us a hand, but even with their credit card, Anouhk couldn't force the lock. So much for the 1337 black burglary skills she'd been bragging about. [img]tongue.gif[/img] (she's half-African and as she says, part-time negro; i.e. whenever it suits her to exploit any prejudices )
So we figured we needed to find the owner of the apartments, a bearded Greek old hag called Eva that always came snooping around the rooms when she thought no one was there. Around this time also, we realised we were walking around in sort of flimsy nightwear. This became especially apparent as we were standing outside in the street checking for signs of Eva. A couple of Greeks walked past and Anouhk got a fit of hysterical giggles as she saw them gawk. I'd forgotten my nighttie was semi-transparent. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]
After more hysterical laughing and fruitless calling for Eva, we decided to go back up and get our towels from the drying rack outside and sleep on the beach. I got a brilliant flash of inspiration and put on my bikini under the nightgown - forgotten it was hanging there as well. [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]
But after about half an hour of shivering on the beach, we figured we couldn't possibly spend the night there, so we went back to the apartment to sit there and read until 7:30, when Eva would arrive to open the shop. Wrapped in towels and shivering, I had resigned myself to a night outside when Anouhk decided to try and break into the apartment one last time.... And through some stroke of genius, she managed to wriggle open the clasp on the inside of the window shutters using only a ballpoint pen! The windows themselves were open, so finally, around 3:30 and cheered on by most of our neighbours who couldn't sleep either, we climbed through the window and we were IN! Whoo!! I'll never doubt her burglary skills again. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 07-21-2004, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]