Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2002, 04:46 PM   #21
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Ziroc, are you looking to build a machine from scratch? Or just upgrade the one he has?

What hardware do you need. I have all kinds of parts lying around, and I'm sure others do as well. If you could give us a list of what you need, maybe we can start working on it.

If you are looking for something already put together, my brother is getting rid of a PIII 800 that has an ABIT motherboard with the 815 chipset and a hardware raid controller. I think it has 512 megs of ram, and either a 40 or 60 gig hd. I'd have to double check, but I think he wants $400.00 for it. If you could take that and add another gig of ram we should be good.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 01-09-2002, 04:51 PM   #22
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

look, this is a joke from me, but who knows if it might work.

I have to pay income tax, you all know it sucks, so how about Ziroc do something with the site so I somehow work for him? and I donate my money to Ziroc, then I pay less income tax? any idea?
Old 01-09-2002, 04:52 PM   #23
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Agility says Realms of Kaos (www.realmsofkaos.com) *may* have a server they'd be willing to part with--they need a much larger one and so are looking around.

Personally, I wouldn't use XP unless given it *and* had nothing else available! It's still too buggy by all accounts for my liking. Heck, they haven't gotten Me fixed yet!
Old 01-09-2002, 04:57 PM   #24
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:

Personally, I wouldn't use XP unless given it *and* had nothing else available! It's still too buggy by all accounts for my liking. Heck, they haven't gotten Me fixed yet!

I think XP is stable enough, but it's hard to justify paying $150.00 for it when 2K is *cough* more readily available.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 01-09-2002, 05:12 PM   #25
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i think that if EVERYONE reading this could donate a dollar or two, that should cover quite a bit. hell, make if five bucks each, and im sure we could get a great server together. ill see what i can do Ziroc. i have a drill this weekend, so i will have some cash here soon. if so, ill send my five, maybe more.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 01-09-2002, 05:56 PM   #26
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Hey Z
I sent money via paypal..have you recieved it?
Old 01-09-2002, 06:00 PM   #27
DiabloRex
Elminster

quote:
Originally posted by Wulfere:
Hey Z
I sent money via paypal..have you recieved it?

I think it said somewhere that it takes 5 days for it to get though
Old 01-09-2002, 06:12 PM   #28
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I sent it December 6, 2001.
I just checked and the payment was sent and confirmed...it did go to Z.
Old 01-09-2002, 06:18 PM   #29
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Check on the way Z, wish it could be more! You know the "memo" section of the check where you write down what its for? I almost put "for sexual services" but what the hell I decided not to embarass you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2002, 06:55 PM   #30
catzenpewters
Manshoon

I sent a bit via Paypal Ziroc, wish I could have sent more but the conversion between US dollars and Canuck-bucks ain't the greatest. It's more than worth it though - this is a wonderful site. Thanks so much for all the work you so obviously put into it.