Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 01-06-2005, 05:48 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just wondering, would any of you be into the idea of joining an NPC Guild? Say you enter a city, and there is a Thieves guild, would you join it if you were a rogue? (We'd have more than one guild). Don't confuse this with IW Guilds--these are in game, that NPC's run. In them, you'd get special guild items, quests and such. a place to hang out.

And Dynamic banking. Meaning I would have to install MySQL, and when you are in game, you could deposit all your gold, if you wanted, and even if the server crashed or reset, and you come back, the gold is there waiting for you. Or even an item deposit box. Just ideas.. I plan on doing the guild thing SOON.

The next EfU Update is days away, and I'll be a very large one. Let me just say that when you log in, leave the tavern to enter the city.. yeah.. just do that. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll announce the updates release asap!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:54 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah that would be cool. An item deposit box would be good same as a banking system. First National Bank of Waterdeep anyone?

Would the banking and deposit system mean that if I had character A deposit a heap of money would character B (still under my login name) be able to access it ?

Also I would be interested in the Xananther & Kraken guilds, a Wizard Guild, Warrior Guild Etc.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

yeah, I like the idea too, I was wondering why there was a book talking about guilds, and yet you could not join one.....
Old 01-06-2005, 08:05 PM   #4
tmt85
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Perhaps if you get the banking working, make it so gold weighs something. I hate the thought of a character hauling around 60 million dollars worth in gold peices with no weight or penalties.
tmt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:35 PM   #5
Animal
Gold Dragon

The Bank of Animal! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2005, 01:10 AM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by tmt85:
Perhaps if you get the banking working, make it so gold weighs something. I hate the thought of a character hauling around 60 million dollars worth in gold peices with no weight or penalties.
Unfortunatly that would mean tinkering with the engine which is hardcoded. So i don't think that can be done.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Those ideas would make Undermountain a whole new experience for all of us. I support everything you said, and hope to see it all soon.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:05 PM   #8
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Definitely yes, on all the ideas Z. The guilds especially would be very cool. How would multi-classed characters work with that? Would a fighter/thief be able to join both guilds, or would he have to pick one?

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Nachtrafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 10:57 AM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

That sounds like a grand idea, didn't we used to be able to go outside, way back in the *there were only 4 or 5 lvls* days?? I seem to remember going outside at one time, but, it was loooonnnnggg ago.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:50 PM   #10
javan
Zhentarim Guard

I would love to see guilds in EfU.

Having a guild quests would enhance role-playing and give characters an excuse to explore Undermountain more. Rather than simply “I’ll go beat up some random monsters and collect some loot” characters will have a purpose – i.e. “Yo recruit, Murray the Mage needs Ettercap silk glands for his wand of web shooting. See what you can find when you go down the well.” [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

If Ziroc moves some of the special items to these guilds will that speed up buying rare and unique items as opposed to buying them from Durnan? I hope so…

I can just see my bard wandering around Waterdeep with a shopping list- “I need to pick up some scrolls at the Wizards guild, then onto the Thieves guild for +10 toolkits and then to the Warriors guild to see if my custom chainmail is ready…”

Regarding banking: There are places to buy things in Undermountain. Will there be an ATM in Skullport? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

These are some things to think about…

javan

[ 01-09-2005, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: javan ]