Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 01-05-2004, 03:29 PM   #1
dplax
Jack Burton

2 weeks ago my party boldly stepped into Sarevok's lair, and killed him without getting a scratch on my main character. It was a two person party: Imoen a lvl 6 thief afterwards dual classed to mage until max xp and the main character a ranger. We went in with haste and mirror image on Imoen. There came first a mage who got quickly dispatched by arrows and two magic missiles which took his mirror images down. At this point Imoen was at roughly 50% health. We moved cautiously forward and Sarevok started to come alone. He killed Imoen with one blow. After a bit of running and killing a battle horror the ranger (with boots of speed) I paused and considered my options. Then I realised that by using only 2 items I could kill Sarevok those two were: the bow I had and the ring of invisibility. The tactics were to shoot him then use the ring go to the opposite side and repeat this. The boots of spped were only win more items.

I think therefore that the ring of invisibility is one of the strongest rings in the game since it grants escape and surprise value in a battle also. Any opinions?

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 03:33 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Congratulations! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] Now off to ToTSC,BG II and ToB! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 04:11 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Congratualtions...

The ring of invisibility can be used infinite number of times??
Old 01-05-2004, 05:11 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
Congratualtions...

Either 1/day or 3/day, I forget which.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:59 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The Ring of Invisibility has never seemed to work for me--it works once, but never again. It might just be a bug, of course, but personally I've never had a problem just using Potions instead.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:08 AM   #6
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
The Ring of Invisibility has never seemed to work for me--it works once, but never again. It might just be a bug, of course, but personally I've never had a problem just using Potions instead.
IIRC I need to take it off and then reequip it to make it work.

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 01-06-2004, 07:19 AM   #7
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
Congratualtions...

Either 1/day or 3/day, I forget which. [/QUOTE]I think I used it 4 or 5 times in that battle.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:10 AM   #8
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

I have used it a number of times: several times in a day, over the course of a number of days etc. No real pattern to it, but one day I equipped it and the thing disappeared after the spell had taken effect.

I sort of assumed that it had a number of charges (un/equip each time to use) based on this experience. Of course, that was one of the few times I've ever bothered with it really. Mostly, I just use potions.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:51 AM   #9
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

yeh it has something like 20 charges (well Im 90% sure) I know this from playing BGT where it tells you the amount of charges just like in BG2
Old 01-08-2004, 11:57 AM   #10
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I believe those items can be recharged by selling and rebuying?